Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Anna Calvi
  • 483 Comments sorted by
  • Anna posted a great picture on FB as a thanks for the whole European tour etc. Her and the band and people she's met during the tour. Going off to Australia in May I think so she'll probably go quiet for a bit now. Like I'm going to on this bloody forum!
  • She's playing a few festivals this summer. I'd like to think there will be more UK dates in the autumn on the back of that.
  • That's a fun photo - it almost looks like they're commemorating a Big Game Trophy from the Roadie Safari ...

Can't make any of the festivals and I've learned from the Brighton debacle not to place any bets before the family drama resolves, so sadly not going to Italy for any of those gigs. Further autumn dates would be great but I would prefer a whole new record. Seeing as how I'm perfectly reasonable and not greedy and demanding at all or anything,
  • And talking of a whole new record ... OK, half a new record

No more news including its release date or anything.

Meanwhile also there's this NME session (Suzanne, so far, but with a promise of more songs to come.)
  • Waits for tumbleweed to pass ...

... The Half New Record has a release date  confirmation it's cover versions, and the first track is up on Soundcloud

Impressed by the performance, and the arrangement: not immediately in love with the song. That's probably just me though.

• New picture fellow Calviites :)
  • whimper...
  • An example of class and elegance in one photo 

• It would have been improved if that was a Gibson 355 in her hands. Apart from that, very tidy.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Actually, with those heels, perhaps an S.G.? Whimper indeed !
  • Sparkly black Gretsch, perhaps?
  • I'm a Gibson man myself, and have been since a chap in a band let me have a go with his Les Paul when I was about 12. Visited their factory and museum in Memphis some years ago and spent an evening in B.B. King's bar. There, they serve beer out of jam jars!
    I did consider a Gretsch once with a Bigsby vibrato tailpiece but ended up with the Devil's guitar instead; a beautiful black Gibson S.G.
  • ... hides own bargain basement beginner's Strat .... not worthy, not worthy >:(
  • This is from the upcoming new EP

• ... hides own bargain basement beginner's Strat .... not worthy, not worthy >:(

Hey WC. My brother in law owns a white Strat. You are either a Fender 'person' or a Gibson 'person'. The really funny thing is that... I can't play guitar! Mrs T bought it for me as a significant birthday present. I play keyboards but the guitar is just an icon that I wanted to own. My mate, Generalissimo G (we even have code names off the board) is a guitarist. His axe of choice is a Yamaha but he takes the SG for a stroll once in a while. It howls like its on heat !
    It's good to have a few icons of style in your life. Perhaps a new thread; favourite possessions?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!