Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Anna Calvi
  • 483 Comments sorted by
  • I caught Anna on a rerun of a Jools Holland show from last year. Have to say I was impressed.
    That lady can spank an axe !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • ^
    She's on Jools tonight with Marianne Faithfull as above and then the Friday show too. 
    Watch Anna's 2014 Glasto show for real face gurning, axe spanking, mind blowingly fantastic performance. I adore her 
    :x
  • Enjoyed MF & AC. Marianne's vocals maybe not what they were, but cracking tune. Quite Bowie-esque.

Also loved 'First aid kit'.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-09-23 17:28:18
  • They wren't bad were they?! Intrigued by Band of Skulls too.

Loved the MF AC song - no her voice isnt what it was even a few years ago, right at the start it sounded like she was swallowing it. Dont remember a fierce guitar break at the end when the song streamed, that was fab. Hope for more on Friday.
  • First Aid Kit are really good. I have posted on their FB page that if they met Anna today could they hook up and write something together.

Band of Skulls - yeah, I quite liked that track.

MF - voiced is fooked quite frankly. Anna - camera loved her. Still waiting for news on Anna's December show announcment 
    :D
  • Did you ever hear late Lotte Lenya? Now thats fcuked. Put it with late Billie Holliday and you have the Platonic form of Fcuked Voice - in my opinion. Now this is my opinion again but MF's voice is not quite that bad yet. OK maybe that's "not quite that bad - yet". I'll happily grant you it may get there soon.

Yes the camera loved Anna (as did the director) And like you Hells I'm still waiting for the December gig announcement. Still it is Anna's birthday today so maybe not today. Happy birthday Anna!'
    Post edited by wild_corgi at 2014-09-24 06:15:12
  • Lotte Lenya aka Rosa Klebb in From Russia With Love. She had her kicks  :-))

Happy 34th birthday lovely Anna. I wonder if she drank the bottle of wine she had with her in above picture?
  • Yer - Been working at home for a couple of days - first time I've experienced dawn to dusk BBC Radio 6 Music. First Aid Kit are, how the youths would say, unwell, no no I mean sick!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Appy61 said:

Yer - Been working at home for a couple of days - first time I've experienced dawn to dusk BBC Radio 6 Music. First Aid Kit are, how the youths would say, unwell, no no I mean sick!

What, peeky?
  • Indeed not Mr UT as you well know!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • ^ Caption competition time - if only I could think of one to start off ...

From Anna's Instagram her own caption is It
    was an honour to perform again with Marianne Faithfull, this time at
    Chloe's after show party! I hope to be back on stage with her soon.. xA

I don't begrudge either of them the opportunity to hoover up loads of fancy frocks performing together at another fashion show and its after party, but oh how I would love to see the two of them together for a proper gig.
  • 'Yes dear, he did. Apparently, Mick hasn't been able to face a Mars Bar since'.
  • Anna saying "Seriously, someone told you 40 years of heroine, crack cocaine and alcohol addiction would improve your voice. Your twisting my melons MF!!"  >:)
    Post edited by Hells_Bells at 2014-09-30 18:13:45

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!