Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • softlad said:

You know what actor I have trouble with? Jeff Goldblum. No matter what part he's in I'm always aware that he's acting which pretty much defeats the object. Nicolas Cage is similar but for the most part the people he plays in films tend to be so over the top that it's not such an issue.

Julian Sands , no matter what part he`s in I`m always aware that he couldn`t act his way out of a wet paper bag 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • softlad said:

I've never felt the urge to watch any of the Die Hard franchise...

You know what actor I have trouble with? Jeff Goldblum. No matter what part he's in I'm always aware that he's acting which pretty much defeats the object. Nicolas Cage is similar but for the most part the people he plays in films tend to be so over the top that it's not such an issue.

I quite like a couple of films Jeff Goldblum's in enough to endure repeated viewing, but he's not a favorite, not hugely into Nicolas Cage no. I might upset a few people by saying I am not the worlds greatest fan of Johnny Depp, so I dunno if I should admit that or not? Johnny Depp is OK, but I don't find him as wildly eccentric as some people I know seem to.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Titanic on blu-ray... great film if you ignore the lovey bubble bits....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Quite a fan of Blu-Ray are we jozzy? A long time since I saw Titanic, I didn't think it was that bad, but a bit cheesy in places or something, quite a big fan of both Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio since Titanic however
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • yep like me Blu-Ray's Border_Mind..... hmmm what to watch tomorrow night?
    Wonderful electric live in london needs to be released on Blu-Ray..... [-O<
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I don't know if it would be much good if it wasn't filmed in HD or something that can easily be upscaled to HD there Jozzy. I would imagine and I am guessing here so if anyone wants to correct me please do so, that it was filmed in digital beta and I am not quite sure how that works as upscales to HD, anybody?
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I don't know if it would be much good if it wasn't filmed in HD or something that can easily be upscaled to HD there Jozzy. I would imagine and I am guessing here so if anyone wants to correct me please do so, that it was filmed in digital beta and I am not quite sure how that works as upscales to HD, anybody?

i'll do a little research... you never just know.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Never say never, maybe some of the upcoming gigs will be filmed and then released on Blu ray and you'll get your wish kind of ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Hope so We really need more Goldfrapp live gigs on film.
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • & released on Dvd/Blu-Ray......
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Saw "The East" last night and very much enjoyed it. Didn't realise until the cast afterwards that Ridly & Tony Scott had their hands in it. An ex-FBI agent goes undercover to try and break an anarchist collective and things unravel from there. Very little violence, very little sex, not so much blood but lots of talking & acting that make a for a pretty involving 2 hours.

Did me good to dump my own brain for a while, that's for sure!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Just got back from 100 Bloody Acres. I totally adore sensitive murderers. :x
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Went to see world war z yesterday,not bad a film just a bit messy at the end and for a zombie film a certain lack of blood but still a fun way to pass an evening i suppose.
  • 'Amusement'

What an epic waste of time.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • A few posts back, people were talking about actors, mostly bad.  The one that just blows me away and I feel could even surpass Dustin Hoffman, is the guy that played Eomer, the Horse Lord's nephew in "Lord of the Rings".  He's been in a lot of movies and he is so darned good, sometimes it takes me awhile to recognize him.  He played an excellent assassin in "Red", one of my very favorite action films.  But, the one that really put him over the top for me was his characterization of McCoy in one of the latest Star Trek movies (remember, I'm  in my sixties, so "latest" means sometime in the last two decades).  He did such an amazing job at it that I think it wasn't until the second time that I saw the movie before I finally recognized him.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-03 15:09:14

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!