Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:46:22
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:46:29
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Stranger said:

I finally saw I'm A Cyborg And That's OK. But I must say it's one of Park's weakerst movies if I may say so myself.

I absolutely adored it. I find it gets better with repeated viewings too.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:46:38
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:46:45
  • Stranger said:

Carp: I had the repeated viewing gets better and better and better experience with the Korean original Tale Of Two Sisters. I ADORE that film!

OK guys you are intriguing me. I am no expert on International films, but I try my best to not watch only English stuff you know. I have seen 'Tale of Two Sisters' Stranger and liked it very much, even if I wasn't always fully understanding it, I certainly appreciated it. I have been pretty bad about watching any movies lately. I intend to check out 'I'm A Cyborg And That's OK' thanks to you and Carpathian's little exchange on it ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Man Of Steel.  Terrible, terrible, terrible.
  • Notebook on Cities and Clothes on DVD
    Wim Wenders directs a film he was commissioned for on the topic of contemporary fashion and decides to make Yohji Yamamoto the subject.  It's also about the director using video which was a fairly new technology when this was filmed (1989).  A good film all 'round but I have to say that Wender's method of video experimentation occasionally gets in the way a little.  Interesting film.
    With regards to extras there's about 13 minutes of deleted scenes, a little 5 minute catch-up piece filmed in 2000 and a feature length commentary which I haven't heard.
  • OK guys you are intriguing me. I am no expert on International films, but I try my best to not watch only English stuff you know. I have seen 'Tale of Two Sisters' Stranger and liked it very much, even if I wasn't always fully understanding it, I certainly appreciated it. I have been pretty bad about watching any movies lately. I intend to check out 'I'm A Cyborg And That's OK' thanks to you and Carpathian's little exchange on it ;)

If you haven't seen it already you might also want to check out 'I Saw The Devil'
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Dreeke said:

If you haven't seen it already you might also want to check out 'I Saw The Devil'

OK thanks Dreeke, that's another one to add to the list, cheers
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I've just watched Jaws, for some reason I had a real urge to see this movie for the first time in years, so I borrowed it from a friend....
    Macho crap really. I don't want to come across as some kind of misanthropist, but I feel sorry for the shark at some point, controversial perhaps, but I understand this film did no favors to the public perception of sharks anyway.

I am not going to deny Jaws is good fun, drags on a bit in places, but even by todays standards the prosthetics and visual effects are quite stunning really.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • We're going to need a bigger boat though...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Haha yeah

There was another quote that I err quite liked

'Don't give me the working class hero crap'

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-27 19:15:54
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Dad took us to see Jaws at the drive-in theatre. Because I was about 6, I didn't quite get how horrific the opening attack scene was.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • That's cool Iuventus. I had a Jaws tshirt when I was a kid, it was like my favorite bit of clothing....
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!