Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • I think I did, too.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Mine had this like 3D shark on it, hard to describe, but I loved that Tshirt, I literally wore it for years and years, would not let it go.

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

• Cloverfield on DVD.  I had the same problem I had with Blair Witch - I didn't buy into it from the off.  There were a few poor actors in it too.  There's about 5 minutes worth of footage that is genuinely thrilling amongst a piss-poor plot.  I got the impression that the people who made it would gladly take on the mantle of The New Michael Bay.  For films like this the fast forward button is your best friend.

Two things struck me as mildly interesting though:
    1)  There was a LOT more music in it than I imagined judging by the credits. Not soundtrack music, (I don't think there was any) but individual songs by bands.
    2)  There was also a credit for the use of summat or other from the film 'The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms'.  This is brave as it suddenly makes you realise that this film is basically a bells-and whistles remake of it.

• That's cool Iuventus. I had a Jaws tshirt when I was a kid, it was like my favorite bit of clothing....

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  •  I saw Jaws at an open air cinema in Botswana (Africa) in 77 or 78 , my parents and others took about 8 of us kids armed with settee cushions (as there were no seats) and we sat and watched it with open skies , I almost pooped myself when the head fell out of the boat and the bit where Rob Shaw is slipping down into the sharks mouth produced a constant murmuring distressed whining noise from us all .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-28 10:05:31
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Vagina Dentata much, Sartori?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Vagina Dentata much, Sartori?

Haha , you knew the words I would have had 0% chance of remembering . Make a good QI question .
  • Erin Brockovich.

i was in one of those moods. so suck it on. always love this movie. julia roberts is incredible.

anyone who's seen it. does she actually do the car crash stunt right at the start of the movie???
  • Im off to watch Starship Troopers , it ends well . Based on the most pretentious tedious bag of poo book ever.
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-28 18:42:58
  • If I were dead, could I do this?
  • i just finished watching the girl who leapt through time, thanks to dreeke's suggestion... i enjoyed it a lot! time travel is always one that kinda does my head in but as far as i could tell the time travel mechanics were fairly consistent, so that was good
  • Identity thief
    I love Melissa McCarthy, always!
  • ickygerm said:

i just finished watching the girl who leapt through time, thanks to dreeke's suggestion... i enjoyed it a lot! time travel is always one that kinda does my head in but as far as i could tell the time travel mechanics were fairly consistent, so that was good

Glad to be of service!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Bonustip for ickygerm: 5 centimeters per second

Post edited by Dreeke at 2013-06-29 11:17:19
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • hey, you're awesome!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!