Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • We really need that funeral songs thread!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Sundayish. For me that's a day of laziness but also getting on with jobs I can't do in the week. The preparation before another bleeding busy week at work :)]
  • Up early this morn- taking the kayak out to explore. Are you into Nature Hells? It always centers and relaxes me- maybe you can commune with nature today. ;)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • ^
    I walk a lot but don't do actual exercise! Kayaking, I'm scared of water and can't swim :(
  • Right this minute - a bit stuffed and happy, as I've just guzzled yet another huge bowlful of cherries. I picked them 8 days ago; imagegot about 5 carrier bags full (and that was just from the lower branches, I didn't shin up the trees). Been gorging on em ever since. My favourite food. Yum yum. The 16th of July is National Cherry Day in the UK, so in honour of that and a certain equally delicious song, here's a little pic I put together.

• Great pics Kat! It's cherry season here as well- I recently bought some Rainier cherries (named after Mount Ranier) and wow...delicious! They're golden colored with a beautiful blush.

"These cherries originated in 1952 after Harold Fogel and other researchers from the Washington Agriculture Experiment Station in Prosser, WA crossed the Bing and Van cherry varieties. Much to their surprise, the combination of these two red cherries produced a golden yellow cherry with a red blush and incredibly sweet flavor."
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Hmm..we re going to plant a cherry tree in the garden next Spring. Have to dig out an old plum tree that's sadly died first. Haven't heard of the cherries you describe PG, but any cherry is a good cherry in my book. We be got a monstrous amount of apples, and later there'll be pears, growing, so I'm seeking out local farm shops to sell them on to in late Summer. There's only so much chutney we can eat lol!
  • Reminds me a trip to France many moons ago - the garden had a huge cherry tree laden with fruit. We all got stuck in and ate pounds of the things until someone cut one open and found a grub in the middle. No problem with that....... other than every one from then on had the grub in the middle. Gulp - how many had we eaten!!!!!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Feeling happy this morning now that I've just read that disgusting American dentist that murdered poor Cecil the lion is going to be extradited to face trial. I'm sure the 160k signatories to the petition think exactly as I do, that he should be maimed with a bow and arrow, skinned and decapitated. And I'm not the sort to think ill of people, generally.
  • Some refinement on that Kat. Shot and maimed with a crossbow, chased down for for several hours then shot. 
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Goddam it. I can't seem to delete this post. So I have to be seen to say something - or to be saying nothing.

On the plus side, his actions have done a better job of exposing what a pathetic excuse for a human being he is; and he's just spent £38,000 on destroying his own life, as well as the lion's.
    Post edited by whisperit at 2015-08-01 11:30:26
  • Yes I agree with you. Hopefully it was an old lion, so had lived a good life...and hopefully a lot of good will now come of this ( well, some anyway).
  • @HellsBells
    You must be happy today ( Unlike a certain José )
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • @HellsBells
    You must be happy today ( Unlike a certain José )

What a cracking result. I sat in the sun listening to it on the radio. Good day all round that :-bd

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!