Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Your Goldfrapp Forum username
  • 167 Comments sorted by
  • ^ He was cw36frapp on this board, and i was asked to update it on his (37th) birthday a few months ago. (It updates all existing name references.)

I suspect he may ask you to rename it again in a couple of weeks to cw2014frapp in honour of Liverpool winning the Premiership title !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • ^ Ha! But the thing is, me and carpy had some of our superpowers withdrawn a while back, and we can no longer change usernames. :-( So it looks like CW shall remain forever 37. (We did advise him to use year-of-birth but he wasn't having it, lol)
  • Seriously HJ, if my work ever upgrade to 21st century computers, I'm fu**ed on uploading. Unlikely though as it is the Man, and he is cheap B-)
    Will have to rely on wit !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-04-21 14:41:18
  • It does not matter if i always have to be 37 on here. Wish i could stay the same age really. I do not want to look and get older.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • 'Fraid my username is just my name! Which was a bit dum of me maybe or just v unimaginative!
  • I can be a bit more creative with my age of course....!
  • KatRobin seems like a fine name.  The name I chose before Whickwithy, I decided to Google and the first entry that popped up was an Anti-Christian poet.  Did not like to think of being even accidentally mistaken.  So, I chose Whickwithy to assure that I had a unique name for web and other purposes.  Actually, I was thinking of starting a service for unique names.  Before Google, it was okay for 5,000 people to have the same name.  Not any more.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-04-23 07:17:27
  • ^ Ha! But the thing is, me and carpy had some of our superpowers withdrawn a while back

I can't believe they limited your powers more!  I don't believe that they've done anything else, like something beneficial?, to the board.  I know I shouldn't complain as it is kind of Goldfrapp to have a board at all.  But, as I learned long ago, someitmes it gets so bad you just have to laugh.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-04-23 08:14:43
  • KatRobin seems like a fine name.  The name I chose before Whickwithy, I decided to Google and the first entry that popped up was an Anti-Christian poet.  Did not like to think of being even accidentally mistaken.  So, I chose Whickwithy to assure that I had a unique name for web and other purposes.  Actually, I was thinking of starting a service for unique names.  Before Google, it was okay for 5,000 people to have the same name.  Not any more.

I see your username and my mind always says "Shia Le Boeuf".

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Before Sartori , I was just Grey (a Manga character) . It is still part of my email address , even after almost 20years .....yes, even after that long I can't be arsed to change it . It says something that I feel some sort of attachment to it I suppose .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

I see your username and my mind always says "Shia Le Boeuf".

Ha.  Pretty close actually.  I'm pretty sure I had mine first. 
  • So, "Ping" wouldn't be from discworld, would it?
  • Ultrauk stems from me being a huge Depeche Mode fan since leaving school. "Ultra" was a dark album & one of my favourites. I tagged the extra bit on since I'm British :)
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2014-04-30 04:52:30
    Music Junkie
  • To paraphrase Blazing Saddles
    'Thread bump for 37'
    Apologies for stepping on the toes of the usual librarian, A_is_A, but she is otherwise engaged dreaming about Fleetwood Mac tonight !
  • Well, since you ask........   I'm one of those people who likes to have the same username in as many walks of life as possible.   And as for 37201xoIM...?  It's a trains thing!  A tribute to a departed and lamented, if uncelebrated, hero of British Rail!

You did ask!

Mick

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!