Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Your Goldfrapp Forum username
  • 167 Comments sorted by
  • Gaelen said:

Mine originates from Greek/Australian origin meaning 'tranquility' & 'calm'.  It's pronounced Gay-len, a bit like Gaelic.  Most important of all however, is the fact it's my middle name :-)

And there was I thinking it had something to do with Apes!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Hello! I'm very new to the forum so I guess it's suitable to post here first. I've been reading the board for awhile now so it's very exciting to post here. Thank you ever so much to Urban Tribesman who was more than kind to give me an invite after I asked through email very early in the morning.

Anyways, my name is a nickname I had in grade school my teacher gave me because I always brought in granola bars for a snack and my name is Glen. I think it's pretty corny but I never really came up with a better username. So yeah, very excited to be able to post here during such an exciting time, can't wait for more info!

Welcome Glenolabar, my pleasure with the invites. Every closed forum such as this needs new blood to keep it fresh with new perspectives. You will find posting pics and links here a challenge but just ask.
    Interesting about your school nickname. I had a school master that kept calling me Jack, which was short for Jack the Ripper as he thought it was a funny aside from my surname.
    He did not develop a career in stand up !
  • Thread bump for Gaelen, Turqs and all recent forum joiners (and because this thread has been in the bottom drawers nearly 2 years).
    Where do your board names originate from?

I used nick from LotR - Turambar on one forum (popped to me when registering) & that ended up shortened to Turqs... No big story behind, just random fate ;)
  • Thinking of changing my forum name. Choosing your actual name was an act of typical naive numptiness on my part. I guess if I'm really going to slag off politicians and exhort on the joys of the workplace then I need to go undercover. Suggestions on a postcard please.
  • How about KatRobin? I like KatRobin
    KatRobin KatRobin KatRobin. Such a pretty name.
    Do you mind if I smoke?
  • How about Femme_Fatale?
  • Dahling... ( leans back leggily on chaise and puffs on cheroot) ....you're such a dahling little minion....now run along and fetch me the Wolf Ladies ( and lime pickle).
  • KatRobin said:

( and lime pickle).

Why? Do you intend to lick them???
  • How about Sex_Expert ?
  • Didn't one of them sink HMS Sheffield?  ( Only for older Forum users).
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-01-21 11:59:07
  • I think I could lick lime pickle off anything or anyone when it's that time of the month. I'd make an exception for The Donald.
  • Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-01-23 16:06:44
  • Mine is quite obvious... Seventh Tree love  :x :x :x

I used to post here around 10 years ago with a username that was a lyric from RAWH.. however after around 50 posts it finally occured to me that ''Your My Leader'' was horrendously grammatically incorrect. Teenage fail.

I'll stick with Monster Love..
  • ive always thought about changing mine. but i've gone by the same username since i was a teen.

it was always fun using it as an alias and getting stuff sent to me using that name. i'll never forget the day my dad got the post and shouted "who the fuck is cookie monster!?!?!"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!