Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Your Goldfrapp Forum username
  • 167 Comments sorted by
  • ^ He was cw36frapp on this board, and i was asked to update it on his (37th) birthday a few months ago. (It updates all existing name references.)

I suspect he may ask you to rename it again in a couple of weeks to cw2014frapp in honour of Liverpool winning the Premiership title !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • ^ Ha! But the thing is, me and carpy had some of our superpowers withdrawn a while back, and we can no longer change usernames. :-( So it looks like CW shall remain forever 37. (We did advise him to use year-of-birth but he wasn't having it, lol)
  • Seriously HJ, if my work ever upgrade to 21st century computers, I'm fu**ed on uploading. Unlikely though as it is the Man, and he is cheap B-)
    Will have to rely on wit !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-04-21 14:41:18
  • It does not matter if i always have to be 37 on here. Wish i could stay the same age really. I do not want to look and get older.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • 'Fraid my username is just my name! Which was a bit dum of me maybe or just v unimaginative!
  • I can be a bit more creative with my age of course....!
  • KatRobin seems like a fine name.  The name I chose before Whickwithy, I decided to Google and the first entry that popped up was an Anti-Christian poet.  Did not like to think of being even accidentally mistaken.  So, I chose Whickwithy to assure that I had a unique name for web and other purposes.  Actually, I was thinking of starting a service for unique names.  Before Google, it was okay for 5,000 people to have the same name.  Not any more.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-04-23 07:17:27
  • ^ Ha! But the thing is, me and carpy had some of our superpowers withdrawn a while back

I can't believe they limited your powers more!  I don't believe that they've done anything else, like something beneficial?, to the board.  I know I shouldn't complain as it is kind of Goldfrapp to have a board at all.  But, as I learned long ago, someitmes it gets so bad you just have to laugh.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-04-23 08:14:43
  • KatRobin seems like a fine name.  The name I chose before Whickwithy, I decided to Google and the first entry that popped up was an Anti-Christian poet.  Did not like to think of being even accidentally mistaken.  So, I chose Whickwithy to assure that I had a unique name for web and other purposes.  Actually, I was thinking of starting a service for unique names.  Before Google, it was okay for 5,000 people to have the same name.  Not any more.

I see your username and my mind always says "Shia Le Boeuf".

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Before Sartori , I was just Grey (a Manga character) . It is still part of my email address , even after almost 20years .....yes, even after that long I can't be arsed to change it . It says something that I feel some sort of attachment to it I suppose .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

I see your username and my mind always says "Shia Le Boeuf".

Ha.  Pretty close actually.  I'm pretty sure I had mine first. 
  • So, "Ping" wouldn't be from discworld, would it?
  • Ultrauk stems from me being a huge Depeche Mode fan since leaving school. "Ultra" was a dark album & one of my favourites. I tagged the extra bit on since I'm British :)
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2014-04-30 04:52:30
    Music Junkie
  • To paraphrase Blazing Saddles
    'Thread bump for 37'
    Apologies for stepping on the toes of the usual librarian, A_is_A, but she is otherwise engaged dreaming about Fleetwood Mac tonight !
  • Well, since you ask........   I'm one of those people who likes to have the same username in as many walks of life as possible.   And as for 37201xoIM...?  It's a trains thing!  A tribute to a departed and lamented, if uncelebrated, hero of British Rail!

You did ask!

Mick