Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Anna Calvi
  • 483 Comments sorted by
  • Anna saying, "... and the best part about supporting Morrissey is, when he cancels I get to headline!!"
    Post edited by wild_corgi at 2014-10-01 11:56:33
  • When she first announced about supporting Morrissey her FB page was not getting particularly generous comments about it. One person even said "I am no longer a fan of yours".  :))
  • Well, you know my thoughts on him (upthread), and that was me on a good day and in a good mood. Also posted to her FB was the terse "Nobody should support Morrissey", which I can't really quarrel with.

The Morrissey fans are more welcoming - combi of push (ritual crap support acts getting on their tits) and pull (Anna! yeah!), but my spidey sense notices some nervousness in this corner of the forest. What's your take on this, Hells? Cos I could be way out here.

• ^
    I dont mind Morrissey musically but dont care much of him the miserable old bastard. Its no bad thing Anna supporting him as the more play and notice she will get is great. She must obviously like him as wouldnt do it and he obviously thinks she's OK? 
    As to whether I think she is now above being more than a support for someone else, yes I think shes is better than that. Collaborations, guest writing and performing are something different once again. Anna obviously is not egotistical enough to think she's better than others which is great and makes me respect and love her even more. 
    I know Ive been taking the piss out of Marianne but I think its a good relationship they have and it opens the door for Anna to work with others. Nick Cave, David Byrne to name but two plus lauded by Brian Eno aint bad 
    :)>-      This is just the Hells_Bells opinion of course. I feel another AC picture coming on!!
  • Fellow Calviites, I take it you have seen Anna's announcement? If not WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN??

Anyway, Saturday 13th December, special one of show at St Johns in Hackney ( yes same place the Frapp did for Little Noise session) and accompanied by an orchestra. Guess it's not a full blown orchestra but One Breath is going to sound fab with this backing. Tickets on sale this Wednesday and I soooooo hope I can get a couple :D
  • Where have we been? Dunno about you, but stretched out on our beds, fanning ourselves and clutching our  smelling salts to our bosoms with all the excitement ... 

It's not a bad size orchestra, they have a history of doing interesting things, and there's a choir too. There's also a teaser of new material maybe.

The downside is that it's a cold church even in as unheated stone buildings with high ceilings go, and there was that accursed bar in the corner for the Goldfrapp gig. Ooh maybe we get Mad Twirling Incense Guy again!

• ^
    I shall be a nervous wreck tomorrow at work with my eyes fixed on the clock waiting for 9AM to strike and fingers hovering over the tickets link. I feel a nervous sweat coming on already. Good luck to us all :)

Going to have to stay in a hotel that night too if I get tickets so double expense!

When Ive done that Ive then got to try for tickets for Public Service Broadcasting next Feb so double excitement :)
    On Saturday December 13th, I will be hosting a very special one off show in the beautiful intimate surroundings of St John Church of Hackney in London.

The Heritage Orchestra - who I had the pleasure of working with for the Giorgio Moroder show at the Sydney Opera House - will be providing a string section and an all female choir, and I will be inviting past, present, and future collaborators on the night to join me as special guests on stage.

We will be performing new orchestra versions of my album songs, some album songs that have never ever been performed live, new covers, and hopefully some new original material!

I'm looking forward to this show so much.

Tickets will be on sale at 9am GMT this Wednesday here: http://bit.ly/ACStJohns

I hope to see you at the show

Anna x">
  • Maybe a bit of a tangent, but it's intriguing me how many singers/bands/soloists have got gigs with orchestras coming up - Anna, John Grant (IIRC), Jonny Greenwood, Bill Ryder-Jones ...

Did somebody put something in the water?

Not complaining, just wondering.

• @Hells_Bells. You two need to get a room !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • ^
    LOL!!! She can come back to my hotel when I stay in London post-Frapp gig if she's about. The room has tea/coffee making facilities and en suite shower. Mind you, beds a bit small looking as it is a s-s-s-single bed ;)
  • Anoushka Fox.
    S-S-S Single bed, S-S-S Single bed
    There ain't no room for Anna's sweet head !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!