Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp live in Bristol on Jun 23
  • 580 Comments sorted by
  • Bells said:

. Sorry to the lady next to me if I was getting carried away!

That's no lady, That's my wife!
    Post edited by Bottlehead at 2013-06-24 02:25:21
  • I can't believe they're claiming "Caravan Girl". It's trash compared to something like "Tiptoe".
  • Did that happen?! Is it over now though?.... Did we all travel for hours and now it's gone.....

Oh god I'd missed them. How I'd missed them.
  • To think you were unsure about going at one point!

She's always worth it.....
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • OhMuseYou said:

I can't believe they're claiming "Caravan Girl". It's trash compared to something like "Tiptoe".

I thought it fitted in the set really well, it was uplifting!
  • Caravan Girl has often been an amazing live highlight... eg at Cecil Sharp.

• Post edited by subrussian at 2013-06-24 04:35:15
  • Some songs come to life when performed live. E.g. Train

• **Major Sigh**  It's so lovely to read all your excited reports.  It sounds like they were all in top form and put on a fooking great show.

I feeling a little sad that there will be none of this lively old schooolness to Manchester......and yet I am hoping it will prove as brilliant as last night but in a completely different way.
  • So glad you all had such a blast.....looks like a dream. ;)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I have one more video and tons of photo's when I've sorted the blurry ones out.
  • They all seemed to sound great but Utopia..............................bliss .........sigh. 
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

Post edited by amf123 at 2013-06-24 05:18:52
  • What a show - amazing! - that was some serious opener/warm-up and so glad I experienced it!

Alison doing the pre-start house manager slot "...please, no flash photography..." a couple of times made me smile. "Alison here" commenced the second announcement, just in case we were in any doubt.  You can just imagine it back stage - no, go-on, you do it, NO - I'm not doing it....oh well, go-on, give me that mic.... 

Even Maus was keen to get in on the act pre-start when she decided to leg-it along the pit to scare off those photographers (thankfully, for their sake and ours, there were no press snappers last night).

And of course, the music - others on here are far more able to give a well worded and eloquent  review/critique, but for me, I just loved the whole show.  Each and every song fitted together beautifully taking us (&me :-)) through all of the emotions we are so familiar with from Goldfrapp's past catalogue, but experiencing it live - especially right at the front in such an intimate venue was particularly special - it very much was in our sitting room last night.

Alison said at one point that she was so nervous and expressed frustration "you'd think I'd be used to it by now" - but nerves didn't show at all in my opinion, she seemed relaxed and very happy and, as 8bitcruncher said after it was over, all-too-soon - "she nailed it!" 

Will was stage left fiddling with some out-of-sight kit with some other bloke for the first number - perhaps balance, synth or vocoder, fine tuning the distortion in Alison's voice in Lovely Head perhaps?  He then retired to the sound desk near the back and was still there post show chatting to anyone who recognised him, such a non-assuming nice guy, shaking hands with some of us and thanking us for coming to their first night...

A truly historic and memorable evening - welcome back Goldfrapp, you have again delighted us with your creations - now blow us away with your new art come July!

It was also really nice to meet some of you guys last night (Tweety - that was me next to Alex and 8bitcruncher) and Alex again, who I hope got home ok after I dropped him off in the middle of the Oxfordshire countryside!  CU again in Manchester.  M

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!