Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp at Glastonbury!
  • 163 Comments sorted by
  • Can't grab it live but am playing with grabbing the playback of sets when put up afterwards.
    Got the whole Arcade Fire from last night, for example - if it's somewhere I'll grab it - that's for sure!

Loving it so far. Bless her for doing Yellow Halo :)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Sorry rewak... Alison doing Little Bird just to piss you off! ;-)

Yeah, I thought the version of Yellow Halo was superb!

Nice one, Carpy - if you can grab it afterwards.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-06-28 16:03:29
  • I was never particularly fond of that one 'til I heard it live in NYC.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Nice one, Carpy - if you can grab it afterwards.

All depends if the full thing goes up there - you know what they're like with re-broadcast rights!
  • Sorry rewak... Alison doing Little Bird just to piss you off! ;-)

I went to get a cup of tea, think she did the same!
  • Set List

Utopia
    You Never Know
    Thea
    Yellow Halo
    Alvar
    Little Bird
    Lovely Head
    Number 1
    Train
    Ride A White Horse
    Strict Machine

• That was storming - ever since Seb joined the band is better than ever. He seems to transmit an energy when he goes for it that really lifts them all.

Well paced set and when it mattered (and a good Glasto certainly does a band no harm!) they REALLY delivered!
  • Managed to watch with my laptop at a weird angle ! Would have liked more of Tales Of Us but

musen't grumble. Camerawork was excellent,how many cameras were filming ! Big plaster

on Alison's finger from all that pointing she does at the start of a set.:)

Loved it, band sounded great.     

www.themummers.co.uk
    photo 48d99ea1-4ff3-47b4-a076-5c9c0bc0a716_zpsbb643bce.jpg
  • I think they were canny at tailoring the set to the situation - it needed energy being where/when it was and by golly they gave it some :D
  • Busy, yes. Wise, nope! I bet Carpy and/or rewak will be able to grab something...

Now come on. You run a guesthouse. You have to check things that involve things
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Amazing. brilliant set for a festival and loads of energy. and a big shot of VF!  :D
  • Great performance, camera action and sound - thank you Goldfrapp and BBC!!!
    Slight fcuk up with Utopia and Alison was close to cracking with Yellow Halo but braved it well.
    Yes Seb really does add energy - what a find.
    Watching it all again now - hope someone with more IT skill than me manages to grab it all and put it together

• Was amazing watching it stream, have to say the sound was excellent. I liked the set list, nice mix of tracks.
  • Lots of us were posting on facebook during the stream. Hope you all spotted Sally dancing in her wolf ears!

Una reckoned setlist was the same as the 'Body and Soul' show last week. But yeah, it suited this setting perfectly too. Eleanor (violinist) was really zoned-in!

Number One and Train were just shown on BBC2.. looked and sounded amaaazing in full HD :-)
  • I`ve got the set recorded (as best you can from live anyway) . Its rolling in at 1.4Gig , so at this time I`m re-encoding it for a practical upload size . Hopefully it`ll be put up for capturisering from the TV etc . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!