Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Seventh Tardis - The Doctor Who thread
  • 271 Comments sorted by
  • Tom Baker was 80 the other day, Happy Birthday to THE Doctor I say

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/01/tom-baker-interview-80th-birthday-.html
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Peter Capaldi's outfit. I like it. Dashing but (fairly) subtle.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-01-27 14:08:57
  • Thanks not seen that, very Pertwee
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • In some ways it feels like a real throwback Who costume, which is a great thing. The flashes of red are very inner-cape. You lot will know who I mean!

edit: Beat me to it, Border_Mind - and you even had chance to find a pic too!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Yes Indeed Carp, straight away I thought of Pertwee resplendent in his season 7 attire. I like Capaldi's outfit too ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Nice cardy underneath .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • :x
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Yeah quite amusing H_J,  Who fans are such a dedicated lot. It's good to see there is a buzz about Capaldi, though his casting is proving quite divisive in some quaters.

I've just finished reading the posthumously published autobiography of the wonderful and much missed Elisabeth Sladen. I've read too many rock biographies over the years, so it was refreshing to actually read the polar opposite in terms of lifestyle, no hint of sex and drugs and rock'n'roll, which easily becomes tiresome reading after a certain point. Whilst Sladen could be quite harsh towards some of her colleagues at times, she largely came over as a sweet and gentile person, who was passionate about her interests and very head strong, just like the lovely Sarah Jane Smith herself.

The book gives plenty of detail of her time on Doctor Who, and for someone who claimed never to be a fan of sci-fi or Doctor Who, she had a great knowledge of the show. It is one of the most informative accounts of the Sarah Jane years with Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker that I have come across. There was less on her time solo in the Sarah Jane Adventures, so one can only assume she may have had more to say had her life not terminated so abruptly. The afterword by her daughter and husband was very touching indeed,highly recommended to any one who was fan of Sarah Jane.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2014-02-03 13:47:25
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Capaldi is coming!

• Just seen the advert at half time in the World Cup final.
    23rd August. Interesting times a change in Doctor. A bit like who was your first Bond. (Sean Connery and William Hartnell to nail those two questions. I do remember William but Patrick Troughton then Jon Pertwee stick most in my mind really as my first Doctors).
    Can't wait.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • As well as scripts leaking online over the last week, so too has the first episode 'Deep Breath'
    http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/07/deep-breath-leaks-online.html
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2014-07-13 17:46:47
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Have just booked to see the first episode in the cinema. The fact it's in the Tyneside Cinema (my second home at the moment) it was a no-brainer - especially after reading the following:-

We’re very excited to be screening the feature-length first episode of the new series of Doctor Who on the big screen at the same time as the BBC broadcast.

Set in Victorian London, episode one, Deep Breath, reunites the newly regenerated Doctor (Peter Capaldi) and returning companion Clara (Jenna Coleman) with series regulars and fan favourites, Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax.

The episode is directed by Ben Wheatley (Sightseers, A Field in England) and written by Steven Moffat (Sherlock, Jekyll)

Live from Leicester Square, there will be an exclusive Q&A with special guests following the screening of Deep Breath which we will be streaming live, so no matter where you are, you won’t miss any of the action.

Before the episode starts, you will also get to watch a ‘never seen before’ 5 minute video from an upcoming Doctor Who DVD release. After the episode, there’ll be a special 10 minute behind-the-scenes of episode 1 feature*, followed by the live Q&A.

Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2014-08-04 09:33:11
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!