Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Brighton Dome gig - 29 March 2014
  • 222 Comments sorted by
  • alex_f said:

I think bustitution is only on Sunday, not Saturday.

Oh well, can't seem to get anything right this week... The Brighton gig is next week isn't it!? (joke). Look forward to seeing you on Saturday Alex. Mark and Jayne. Or Salford on Thurs with the cash IOU for Greenwich :-)
  • chuffed

I'll be darned.  All this time I thought chuffed meant offended!
  • ........Bus would go to the Pier from what I am reading, but per Google maps about the same walk to the Dome, do I have that right?

Yep, that's about right. The Coach station near to the Pier isn't far at all 5-10 mins.
  • I'll be darned.  All this time I thought chuffed meant offended!

LOL, not that I know of. The usage i'm familiar with... it just means "very pleased".

Although... there is also the odd expression "tighter than a gnat's chuff" link
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-03-25 19:04:36

I suspect it's because certain Brits take great joy in the misfortune of others.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Sci fi
    the last train to VICTORIA is 23.05.
    the later trains Alex mentions stop at BLACKFRIARS and not London Bridge due to engineering works.

This is a country where the trains end before gigs.
    This is a shit country obv.

Eliott I wish I was in the Ibis. Some shit piece in St James area im afraid. (The walk will do me good).
  • Collecting my ticket from the venue's box office now - so ticket trouble (mostly) sorted. Looking forward to the gig :)
    Formerly known as alex_t.

LOL, not that I know of. The usage i'm familiar with... it just means "very pleased".

Although... there is also the odd expression "tighter than a gnat's chuff" link

No, I looked it up.  "Very pleased" is the one and only meaning.  That's the problem with learning words from context.  It was clear in your context that you meant "very pleased", which is why I went and looked it up.
  • I am very happy to sell on the Ticket if anybody is interested.

Also, if we can work out how to do this, would be very happy to pass on for a small consideration a hotel reservation I can't cancel. Grr. I mean, if credit card is needed, we'd be stuffed, but if not ... IBIS, anybody?

Do PM me
  • Just checked my ticket to see where I'm sitting and I'm B44,which means I'm directly behind Alex.Trust me to get the short straw. I might need a booster cushion! :)
  • Weather forecast is looking good for Friday and Saturday :)

• Urgh, tried to find a map of the seating layout in the Dome... not easy. Hopefully this piccy gives an idea of whereabouts most people on here will be sitting (it shows the "stalls" only, not the circle):
  • I'm the alphabet guy running up and down the aisles....
    Post edited by Dreeke at 2014-03-26 21:05:41
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • My G34/35 seats are not the greatest, but they're quite central (slightly to Angie side)... so I'm just hoping I have 6 small-headed people in front of me!
  • thathurt said:

Sci fi
    the last train to VICTORIA is 23.05.
    the later trains Alex mentions stop at BLACKFRIARS and not London Bridge due to engineering works.

This is a country where the trains end before gigs.
    This is a shit country obv.

Eliott I wish I was in the Ibis. Some shit piece in St James area im afraid. (The walk will do me good).

Thanks for the info. I'm just going to have to check whether bus or train is best when I get into London. I'm staying right across from Victoria station. Either way I'll allow 2 hrs to be safe. Unfortunately if gig goes past 10:45pm, I'm going to have to be rude and leave to make it back. :(

Thanks to CaravanGirls friend, Alice, I'm to be in seat E39! So I suppose I'll be seeing some of you there, or perhaps at the Waggon and Horses beforehand.

Post edited by scifi_lullaby at 2014-03-27 00:16:05

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!