Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • I don't know general ignorance perhaps? I just don't want to be on facebook for all sorts of reasons, and I see people throwing every part of their privacy and/or dignity away and I think real life is bad enough like that, so no thanks facebook.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • ^ god yes, i'm often amazed about the amount of their own dirty laundry people are prepared to wash in public! 
  • Yeah I have had to really restrain myself at times I tell ya ;)

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • thathurt said:

Quite why pple use their real names on social sites is really beyond me.

Hmm, I just checked, and all my facebook friends (including those on here) use their real name... except you! LOL :P

I'm happy if people prefer to use an alias, but on the other hand... it has been fantastic getting in touch with old friends.. which would have been impossible if they (or I) hadn't used our actual names.

EDIT: just spotted 'Jemmy Jem' on FB.. I'm guessing that's her pseudonym! Actually, has Jem been on the new board? I can't remember...

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-18 15:23:24
  • I was well anoyed when they wouldnt let moi have That Hurt. But they let Sadbast have Sad Bast.
  • So they do restrict names they think might be made up?

Surprised this guy got through!

• Ha ha ha. Yes they have a filter and your name change application comes back "we dont believe thats a real name". Im still mildly annoyed about it. This is the only online name ive ever had and im not changing it. Hufff.
  • Sartori said:

The curse of facebook eh.

Well , more the Curse of the Eejit Using Facebook

I'll admit it, I was making a general throw away snipe at facebook type comment, but yeah unfortunately people only have their own stupidity to blame.

Sorry, I wasn't being a.retentive about it, I'd written that comment to say the words "natural selection" written around a made up turn of phrase as the punchline but damned if I could remember them haha
    Thanks Ping, it was driving me mad :)
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-09-18 16:30:01
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Hells, I'm trying to remember now, where I read who your employer was. Pretty sure it was on-line somewhere...

EDIT: Ah, it is in fact on your Facebook profile.

When I first went on FB I actually set myself up to state work place as Ministry of Defence. No joke, some of my friends even some people I work with actually believed it. Is it me but if Im standing there right next to you talking and working with you how the hell can I be at the MOD. What am I, bloody time traveller? 
    I only changed back to proper workplace as have a handful of people on there from work who dont necessarily understand my sense of humour 
    :(
  • ^ Maybe they thought you were undercover! MI5 masquerading as HR. Special Agent Bells!

(sorry for blowing your cover) :P

• Bewildered. Get to work and think strange, nobody in yet? Erm yes they were but were all sitting in the dark like a bunch of bloody mushrooms! Seriously some people make me feel intelligent :-B
  • Bewildered. Get to work and think strange, nobody in yet? Erm yes they were but were all sitting in the dark like a bunch of bloody mushrooms! Seriously some people make me feel intelligent :-B

lmao! That's funny. Though alarming. Nobody thought to put lights on? What about heating? It's bloody freezing lately.
  • When I was in hospital recently, we had a morning when the nurses didnt come into the bay till about 10 am. But the breakfast lady came round at 7.15 - so all us patients ate our breakfast in the dark.

Come to think of it, the "orange juice" tasted a bit funny that morning
  • ^ Breakfast in the dark?! I mean honestly, how many nurses does it take to screw in a lightbulb? (None, they just have a nursing student do it)

How are you mending whisperit? Any attractive nurses at least?

Hmmm, how am I feeling today? Glad you asked...like life's a bit of a crapshoot. Yes, I've realized it before..but feeling that way again. You can try to plan, but you can be thrown a curve at any time. So maybe I should say "Life is going with the curves" ....I'm just going with the curves today.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • folklore said:

Bewildered. Get to work and think strange, nobody in yet? Erm yes they were but were all sitting in the dark like a bunch of bloody mushrooms! Seriously some people make me feel intelligent :-B

lmao! That's funny. Though alarming. Nobody thought to put lights on? What about heating? It's bloody freezing lately.

Heating?? Your having a laugh. It's not allowed to be turned on until its REALLY cold! Or we die :-?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!