Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 530 Comments sorted by
  • SHUT UP AND PLAY THE HITS!

...very good!
  • You are right. Who needs the TV today ?. CD on non-stop where possible for me.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • SHUT UP AND PLAY THE HITS!

...very good!

Saw that at the cinema on a biiiiig sound system (pun intended) and it was surprisingly moving for a concert doc. Cracking stuff.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Catching up with the first two Junior Masterchef Australia episodes.

Those kids are like 10 or 12 or whatever and they're making roulades, frittatas and sponge cakes from a mystery box challenge like they were born into a mixing bowl! This is episode one. Sigh.

• I thought when it said Shut up and play the hits it was re the new Frapp album. Shows i am thick. No need to comment guys.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Has there been a Tales Of Us T.V ad? i have'nt seen one :-/
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Not seen one myself. Then again i hardly watch the tv. I will be doing tonight for the England game. Get 2 or 3 more listens of TOU in though.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I watched 'Blackout' on the TV last night, that and the Panorma episode concerning mental illness and police custody didn't make for the most cheerful of viewings. Nonetheless I found 'Blackout' compelling enough to stay tuned. Despite the fact this was so DIY and low budget I thought it worked really well. Of course I recognised most of the footage from real news events in recent times, which I found a little bit too obvious in places. I thought the  idea was spot on though, a good bit of drama that could have maybe benefited from a bit  more budget and less obvious use of news clips. I saw quite a lot of influence from the classic 1985 BBC nuclear war drama  'Threads', in so far as the heavy reliance on cut and paste of news footage, and  at least it was some what more optimistic than 'Threads', whilst still a really stark vision of something that could unfortunately occur in the near future.

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Back into Sporting mode. Watching Huddersfield v Wigan tonight. I will still get 1 or 2 listens of TOU in today though.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I watched 'Blackout' on the TV last night, that and the Panorma episode concerning mental illness and police custody didn't make for the most cheerful of viewings. Nonetheless I found 'Blackout' compelling enough to stay tuned. Despite the fact this was so DIY and low budget I thought it worked really well. Of course I recognised most of the footage from real news events in recent times, which I found a little bit too obvious in places. I thought the  idea was spot on though, a good bit of drama that could have maybe benefited from a bit  more budget and less obvious use of news clips. I saw quite a lot of influence from the classic 1985 BBC nuclear war drama  'Threads', in so far as the heavy reliance on cut and paste of news footage, and  at least it was some what more optimistic than 'Threads', whilst still a really stark vision of something that could unfortunately occur in the near future

Funnily enough I just caught up with Blackout last night and thought it was horribly convincing. The did a great job of carefully repurposing old footage and new voiceovers into something thought provoking. Some of those timing stats on how long services last for before failing were a real wake-up call as to how quickly it really would all collapse.......
  • I think Mr Will Gegory would be recommended the bbc four documentary on The Sound of Cinema : Music that made the movies.

Starts at 9.00.
  • it was on the bbc a couple of years back,so finding may be difficult,but if you can watch " the shadow line",the best drama ive ever seen on tv alongside six feet under
  • Watching the Rugby play-off match, Hull v Catalans tonight.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Just watched The Road to Coronation Street on Drama channel. Very enjoyable and excellent acting from Jessie Wallace as Pat Phoenix. Good to see her doing something better away from the awful Kat Slater character.
    Linda Barron as Ena Sharple character just priceless
  • Ooh Jessie Wallace. Even my Mrs knows i have a crush on her. That will have been a good watch.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!