Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 530 Comments sorted by
  • ^ I've stuck with TOTL too, and also cannot decide if I like it.

Elisabeth Moss is great in it, but there are no characters I can sympathise with... a lot of nasty folk. Is this typical of Jane Campion's work, I wonder?

Alison tweeted that she was hooked on it.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-08-17 13:24:10
  • Conflicted is a good word for it, whisperit.

I've watched it all so far and the last one is set to record but I can't shake the nagging feeling that a shorter, simpler & better story is itching to shake free of how it ended up on tv.

I don't mind slow or dour tv series or even those which are both but this just feels like side stories and characters are almost not needed at all.I'm sure we'll have more views after tonight so I hope they pull all the parts together and make the narrative detours worthwhile.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Hardly any of my tellybobs will be live this weekend

I rarely ever watch live TV.  I have 90 mins of shows from SkyGo lined up to watch in a min....
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Strangely dissatisfying final ep of 'Top of the lake', for me.

I won't say too much in case not everyone's seen it yet.

But the whole "crazy bitches" commune thing was a pointless annoyance IMHO. Ridiculous character, CJ.

• a blank screen & switched off at the wall best thing for it at the mo there's never anything i like on...
    watched a film other night on Movies24 on sky ad's every 12 mins, i switched off.... £145.00 for a T.V licence rip-off if you ask me's.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I have 90 mins of shows from SkyGo lined up to watch in a min....

Well I thought I did.  I can't watch Friday's Nikita as its not going to be online until late Sunday/Mon now - grrrrr.  I watched an episode of Breaking Bad instead (currently half way through season 2) and so I always have something to watch.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Watching Grandma's House series 1 again. I can't get enough.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • The Great British Bake Off has started again.....Mary Berry, Mel and Sue and Paul Hollywood (although he does get on my nerves a bit) Poor Judy and her Rhubarb......Love Sue just love her to bits.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-08-21 02:53:53
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Watching the Arsenal Champions league match tonight.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Caught up with the final Top of the Lake.

Most of the loose ends tidied, though a slightly unsatisfactory feeling that, when it came down to it, there was less to the whole thing than was promised when it started out.

Like life, i guess.
  • I am watching the Swansea europa league game tonight.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Cervus said:

The Great British Bake Off has started again.....Mary Berry, Mel and Sue and Paul Hollywood (although he does get on my nerves a bit) Poor Judy and her Rhubarb......Love Sue just love her to bits.

+1 , I really enjoy this , human skills and talent making cakes and er...things , when I can't even make ice cubes . Real lick the hd tv screen time (not a euphemism for anything rude...this time , Im off for some warm baps and lick a beef pie )
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Watched desmonds today it's just as funny as i remembered it on channel4 back in 1990......classic
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I am watching Cardiff v Man City today. I will feel all smug while thats on. All the money City have spent in the Summer and i know the Reds will compete with them because we have bought wisely.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • jozzy81 said:

Watched desmonds today it's just as funny as i remembered it on channel4 back in 1990......classic

Good call - not heard that mentioned by anybody for many years.

Pork Pie was a genius character!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!