Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • I duno Cookie it's no Wrath of Khan that's for sure (well my opinion)

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Star Trek Into Darkness

great. great. GREAT! Cumberbatch is particularly fantastic playing the big bad.

Yep - loved that too. Thought it did a good job of respect to the old series, the old films and being a new film.

Juggling that lot and fan expectation was never going to be easy but I'd have thought it was more success than failure.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I've got mixed feelings about the whole new franchise, on one hand I like it, but on the other I find it hard to accept anyone other than William Shatner as Kirk and Leonard Nimoy as Spock.

In hindsight it would have been a good idea for me to have watched the first new Trek movie before seeing Into Darkness at the cinema. With a bit of luck I will get to see them all again.

It isn't that bad I will admit, but I am a greater fan of the original series and next generation cast and something doesn't quite gel with me and this reboot, but I am glad to have any form of Star Trek more or less I guess.

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • im no trekkie... ive seen all of voyager, some of generation and bits and bobs of the original series. But yeah, i wouldn't say im a huge star trek fan or know everything about it.

i consider myself part of the new audience the studio's are trying to reach out to. beyond the fans etc. i believe this has been the best way to really reboot and refresh the franchise. what with new star wars in JJ's directing duties, i wonder if he'll have any more time from trek? if not, i just hope the films continue being of good quality and enjoyable. :)
  • Fair enough cookiee_munster

I saw Elysium and far from finding it a boring movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and found it's underlying commentary very relevant too, great cast, and all around great movie was my take on it

thank F*** we don't all have the same taste eh ;)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Harold and Kumar Escape Guantanamo Bay. I love the H&K movies, stoner/slacker comedy at its best, probably not many fans here though haha.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ^ i saw that in theaters, haha. h&k is pretty great but my favorite stoner comedy of all time (ALL TIME!) is super troopers
  • My favourites would be the Bill & Ted films , most excellent :) . Haven't seen ST, I'll have to look it up.l, cheers.
    Saw the Lone Ranger with my son today, we did enjoy it immensely - it's moral continuity is a bit fecrked up, but an enjoyable romp.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • finally saw alpha papa this evening.

effing brilliant!!!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Wife and eldest finally watched Ted. They were laughing their heads off. I think i will watch it next time there is nothing else to do.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • tweety said:

finally saw alpha papa this evening.

effing brilliant!!!

Really works, doesn't it! They've managed to make it the same but bigger which is exactly what it could only ever have been if it was to succeed. I'm looking forward to a second watch as I'd wager there's a few things missed due to laughing.

"No........that's lesbians"
  • cw36frapp said:

Wife and eldest finally watched Ted. They were laughing their heads off. I think i will watch it next time there is nothing else to do.

I saw that for free at the cinema and loved it - you really forget Ted isn't real which is the ultimate compliment to those that brought him to his effing and jeffing life.
  • Saw the new Studio Ghibli, "From Up On Poppy Hill", in its Japanese/subs incarnation at the cinema on Monday night. Got something in my eye part way through. Honestly. That was what happened.

A gorgeous study of post-war Japan's desire to race forward with modernisation in the early 60's in time for the Olympics. Also, the direct & indirect effects of the Korea/Japan war on the generations that followed. Oh, and Japanese culture & etiquette in the home, school & work was wonderfully drawn out too.

All this told with a light boy meets girl coming-of-age movie complete with gorgeous painted 'sets', beautiful songs and quiet humour. Really got lost in it like you should in a good Ghibli release.

Two days later it's stayed with me more than I realised it might.

THIS is the one i'm excited about!!

• Miyazaki is probably the only filmmaker I can think of who's entire filmography I completely adore and a couple of his films are in my top 10.

I loved 'From Up On Poppy Hill' and am so excited for 'The Wind Rises'...makes me crazy that every few years there is a rumor that he is retiring.

I watched 'Brokeback Mountain' tonight for the first time in years and got a bunch of really irritating things stuck in both my eyes several times.

hunter
  • tweety said:

finally saw alpha papa this evening.

effing brilliant!!!

Really works, doesn't it! They've managed to make it the same but bigger which is exactly what it could only ever have been if it was to succeed. I'm looking forward to a second watch as I'd wager there's a few things missed due to laughing.

"No........that's lesbians"

yes it definitely deserves a second view. nice to see all the Norfolk locations too, if not the Norfolk actors!
    "its MY favourite song"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!