Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 566 Comments sorted by
  • If I were dead, could I do this?
  • The music of Drew does sound similar to the Back to the Future music aswell.
  • I ws just thinking that, too. I mean with all the rousing brass fanfares...
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • About halfway through, this one gets all Nick Drake, but the beginning could be inspiration for a Goldfrapp tune.

• They should release Drew on iTunes NOW.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • I wouldn't suggest that to Alison at this moment.
  • Stranger said:

They should release Drew on iTunes NOW.

why?
    "its MY favourite song"

• Drew should have dropped into iTunes the same day the video appeared.

see video link -> watch video -> like video -> buy tune

From a "promotion to purchase" point of view it seems like the path you'd have thought they'd have enabled otherwise the end step becomes 'rip video soundtrack' or 'find download elsewhere' for those who want it there and then.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-07-26 07:54:24
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Maybe you two should head on over to Twitter and let Alison know where their marketing plan went wrong. Maybe it'll cheer her up a bit.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-26 08:24:13
  • I agree with @Stranger. Drew should be available right from the beginning... It makes sense. They even have 5 videos for songs, they could release another one nearer to the album launch...
  • yes kaleb. but drew wasn't available 'for purchase' from the beginning. the milk has been spilt. just don't tell Kiyu...

someone somewhere is a few dollars down. is it really worth the angst?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I still don't get why it isn't available to buy. Seems very strange to me....

I love some of the radio edits/single versions they've done. Pilots is cool and I like the single version of SM....

Both done brilliantly....
  • tweety said:

yes kaleb. but drew wasn't available 'for purchase' from the beginning. the milk has been spilt. just don't tell Kiyu...

someone somewhere is a few dollars down. is it really worth the angst?

AHAHAHAHAH
    You are totally right ;)
  • Yeah, I don't really understand why "Drew" wasn't available the day the video premiered...
  • folklore said:

I quite like the RAWH single mix as it's got more..beep..bits in. It's fun, I prefer it to album version but prefer live version better than both!

The same with "Pilots" for me.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!