Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Yep, it's back by (absolutely no) popular demand!

A colleague at work keeps free range chickens and I got a dozen amazing eggs today. Second lot I've had. Yolks the colour of a setting sun & a ton on flavour. Also had a huge bag of fresh parsley & a little one of marjoram from her. Both gorgeous.

Anybody got a suggestion for using the marjoram? It's quite subtle and I'm puzzled what use it with?
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • 481 Comments sorted by
  • Where's your tea club, Carpy?  That was awful popular.
  • And the gallery one too, I'm really too shy when it comes to starting new threads and I don't wanna hijack other people's ideas, so keep em coming.

Ok I made some chocolate cookies, dairy free and although a touch over cooked they are tasty even if I say so myself
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Ok I made some chocolate cookies, dairy free and although a touch over cooked they are tasty even if I say so myself

Are you offereing?  Lovely!  I needed something sweet to go with my coffee after a very strenuous day.

• Yeah cookies all round for the GMB tea club ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Chocolate figs. Yum.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

Chocolate figs. Yum.

Figs and dates are things I'm very late too. Could never understand why folks like them when I was younger but now coming round to them little by little.
  • Where's your tea club, Carpy?  That was awful popular.

It'll be started again. Just trying to phrase new old threads in bit by bit!
  • Figs, I still can't figure them out, dates are lovely though, I know what Carpathian means about being younger as  a kid, both seemed to be absolutely horrible. Dates are actually a really good sugar substitute for baking with, not that I have got round to trying it myself, I knew a guy who made a sugar free fruitcake using dates and that was delicious.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Figs, I still can't figure them out, dates are lovely though, I know what Carpathian means about being younger as  a kid, both seemed to be absolutely horrible. Dates are actually a really good sugar substitute for baking with, not that I have got round to trying it myself, I knew a guy who made a sugar free fruitcake using dates and that was delicious.

Then again, when I was young Wagon Wheels were the size of wagon wheels and you could fill a wheelbarrow with sweets for 4p.

Dates really weren't showbiz enough to compete :))
  • @Border_Mind @The_Carpathian are you guys kidding me! Figs (dry or fresh) is like my all-time favorite fruit, ever. It's delicious at any stage of its ripeness.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

@Border_Mind @The_Carpathian are you guys kidding me! Figs (dry or fresh) is like my all-time favorite fruit, ever. It's delicious at any stage of its ripeness.

I'm sure we'll get there....it's just taking us a bit longer to realise it!
  • Marks & Spencer Limited Edition Sherry Trifle Cake  You do not want to know how nice it is.  Eating three a day before they run out.  ~O)  =P~

• new old threads

Just can't wrap my mind around such a complex concept tonight....

• Alan said:

@Border_Mind @The_Carpathian are you guys kidding me! Figs (dry or fresh) is like my all-time favorite fruit, ever. It's delicious at any stage of its ripeness.

Yeah!  Awesome stuff!  You wouldn't happen to be from the deep south, would you, Alan?
  • BEURRE & SEL biscuits from Dorie Greenspan.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!