Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 481 Comments sorted by
  • bacon
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • My landlord's homegrown heirloom tomato on a multigrain artisan epi with my own garden's Thai basil.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • it was delicious... id happily have that every day.

I was pretty strict veggie for 16 years until last year... I had the biggest craving for a sausage roll, ate one, and am now eating pork based products at least twice a week... nothing else, just bacon and sausages alongside my still almost completely veggie diet?!  must've needed the protein.....

• Oh dear Laura that's not good, am afraid it's not counting if you meat twice a week, did you never try Redwoods rashers instead of bacon? There are so many veggie sausage rolls out there. I make a really easy homemade one, many meat eaters have tried them and can't tell the difference. Sausage rolls are processed foods with about 0.1% real actual meat in them anyway I would have thought, it's generally going to be that dodgy mrm stuff. As for the protein issue well I would have said, it's easily managed with the right balance of food, and a bit of research.

I don't wanna come over like preachy or nasty or anything, it just makes me a bit sad when long term veggies fall off the wagon. I'm surprised you weren't terribly sick after so long, when I had beeen veggie for just over a year, I made a mistake of eating some chicken and I was so sick, I was ill for like two weeks. Also as I am basically total vegan, on the odd occasion I ate some milk chocolate and it totally doesn't agree with me. The thought of eating any eggs or diary cheese is like such a non-no for me as I know my body wouldn't agree at all.

I am happy to share my recipes for sausage rolls, links to alternatives, advice on protein, etc. I know it's totally your choice and stuff, just well I dunno shame that you caved in after so many years, maybe look at it like a blip? I dunno, just a suggestion
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-17 11:48:48
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Not much to it with making veggie sausage rolls, I shouldn't have said my recipe as it's not, just very basic convenience food, with maybe 10 mins preparation and 15 mins cooking time

Jus-Rol Pastry

Granose Vegetarian sausage mix

Enjoy, they are yummy ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Laura said:

baked aubergine with tomato, onion, herbs and feta cheese on the top.  with salad.

LUSH.

That's almost exactly one of my favourite things!

Here's a tip - try using red pesto to top the aubergine in the oven for about 30min and stick the feta on about 15min before the end. You get nice little crunchy bits in amongst the rest.

Might have to go home, buy some aubergines and fire up the oven now!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Ahh, that sounds like it could be even BETTER!  good shout, will give that a whirl later in the week.

You cant beat it can you - And there's so much goodness in it, I instantly felt really good haha!

• Laura said:

Ahh, that sounds like it could be even BETTER!  good shout, will give that a whirl later in the week.

The extra bonus is that oil (and the flavour from it) cooks out of the pesto and down into the scored aubergine making it even more squidgy & tasty.

I'm still trying to find a good way to use marjoram as per my initial post! C'mon, people - ideas!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • ice cream
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • cake and ice cream. I became frustrated with Biology and needed it.
  • iuventus said:

My landlord's homegrown heirloom tomato on a multigrain artisan epi with my own garden's Thai basil.

Sounds heavenly.......pop some over will you!!!

Veggie marshmallows in a vat of Hot chocolate... I know I will regret it but I don't care... :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I can't eat pesto as it diary, but I got some meridian free from pesto today
    Cervus said:

iuventus said:

My landlord's homegrown heirloom tomato on a multigrain artisan epi with my own garden's Thai basil.

Sounds heavenly.......pop some over will you!!!

Veggie marshmallows in a vat of Hot chocolate... I know I will regret it but I don't care... :)

Veggie marshmallows eh, is there anything in them that would preclude a vegan from partaking?

Check this out though, I can not get my head around how much these cost. I mean OK there might be 12 pacs but to say it's a little over priced is an under statement. Somebody bought me some vegan marshmallows a couple of years ago and they were yummy!!!

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • It's quite easy to make vegan pesto; just don't add the cheese.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

It's quite easy to make vegan pesto; just don't add the cheese.

I haven't tried to make my own, I am good at pizza's though, vegan ones that is. I frequently get the Meridian Pesto, Free from. What's your vegan pesto recipe then if you wouldn't mind sharing? ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • last thing i ate was IKEA meatballs. nom nom nom.

there's some chocolate thats caught my eye tho...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!