Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 566 Comments sorted by
  • iuventus said:

Oh, erm...

I thought you were implying that this was an exception for me; you know, like when that popular girl on here implied that it was unusual that I made a valid point one afternoon.

And truly, I admire the people I with whom associate closely enough to joke about. It's mostly those of my dear family that somehow find humor in my words--sadly, often when I'm not even trying to be funny.

No deer :) you say plenty of funny things on here, I've just enjoyed them without responding.

• See what I mean?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • chokka said:

You calling me and Cervus dumb???

He didn't answer that question....hahahaha
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Cervus said:

Of course I'm not.

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Cervus said:

Of course I'm not.

:)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • The promo is nigh on ten quid already!!!!!
  • Cervus said:

The promo is nigh on ten quid already!!!!!

Not surprised as in value terms the song is red hot to frapp fans...
  • Hiya.  Longtime Goldfrapp fan.  Saw them at their very first US gig back in the Felt Mountain days - back when Mr. G was an on stage member of the band - and have been hooked ever since.  I was at a work retreat and just got back.  Heard/saw "Drew" for the first time today and, um, well I agree.  It's absolutely spectacular.  Their music has always been cinematic but this is, by far, their best audio-visual experience.  In the past I've heard Alison express disappointment in their videos.  I never got that because I've always enjoyed their videos but after watching "Drew" I get it.  She's probably had rather grand, cinematic images in her head which never quite came to fruition.  Well, she's certainly got an artistic match in Lisa.  Every moment in this piece - every gesture, every glance, every movement of the camera is exquisitely chosen and perfectly matched to this lovely song.  I guess that Supernature money is coming in handy because this cannot have been an inexpensive shoot.  

Oh, and, as much as I adore this woman, I do think it's a bit silly to say she hasn't aged.  This is a well produced, beautifully lit video with stylists, makeup artists etc.  Alison is a beautiful woman, but she clearly has aged.  And I'm not saying that to be snarky.  I just think we should acknowledge, embrace and celebrate our strong female cultural figures as they age.  All things end.  Even youth.  Alison has clearly aged, but she has done so with grace and loveliness.  
  • ^ yeah unlike the rest of us who have just flipping aged :((
  • Welcome, HorseTearz! Nice first post, especially the point about embracing age in performers. We age together and the changes in both sides of the equation are what make it so meaningful.

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • what Carpy said :)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Cervus said:

The promo is nigh on ten quid already!!!!!

The first promo to pop up always goes for that kind of stupid price, within (a short amount of) time it'll drop substantially.
  • I have some grey flecks in my beard and you know what? I actually quite like that.

We change. Artists change. All good.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I have some grey flecks in my beard and you know what? I actually quite like that.

We change. Artists change. All good.

The Badger Beard look is Cool, my Badger Beard on the other hand looks like mad scientists intertwined badger and Chris Evans DNA.

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-17 07:24:16
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • September seems so sinfully distant, until then,

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!