Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Moderators (were) Needed!
  • 178 Comments sorted by
  • And tea.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

And tea.

How did I miss that!? Just as well you're here, Juv.

Good grief, what an omission for me to make! :\">
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • LOL, that's a capital 'i', not a lower-case 'l'.
  • Typos too? Blimey, I'm not having a good few mins here!

I'll just pretend the J was being pronounced as a "ye". Nobody will notice :-S
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-07-04 15:04:43
  • ^ No worries, Carp! I probably should have left it for Iuventus himself to comment on, if he was at all bothered. And calling him 'Iuv' (in a Yorkshire accent) might read as a little too friendly!
  • cake and spam just about covers the major food groups. but I wouldn't like to encourage crappiness, or the critique of dress sense at gigs...
    "its MY favourite song"
  •  Personally I`d like to see some threads locked rather than deleted , where the discussions have got to the point of being out of hand ie past the point of discussion . I think deletion should be for posts/threads that are "obviously offensive" eg homophobia , Laluna bless you .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-04 15:51:57
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • The problem with locking threads is that it can be seen as judging for others when they've stopped the conversation. That's a tough call by anybody's measure.
  • Voting would work just fine.  If it's buried in negative votes by the constituency then bury the thread.  And, I don't mean lock it.  This forum is, hopefully, for those that enjoy a particular dynamic duo and not for those that place on a facade for the sake of trashing them.  Let the constituency make the decision in votes.

And, for those of you that don't know the routine, voting on the first post of a thread, negative or postive, is a vote for the thread itself, negative or positive.  Do you think I should use pictures?
  • Have you guys been given any guidance from deer?
  • The problem with locking threads is that it can be seen as judging for others when they've stopped the conversation. That's a tough call by anybody's measure.

The threads I`ve locked previously as a mod were when it got obviously out of hand - ie name calling / insults . But I take your point , each person has a different tolerance level to each issue or even each insult . Rather you than me to be honest (given some of the "scamps" on here.....me included ;) ) .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Yet, as it is, everyone has the option to open any thread on the board--or none if they so choose. Why should anyone be denied the option read and post in those very threads?
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-04 16:28:26
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ping said:

Have you guys been given any guidance from deer?

Nah, not at all - we have very few options to play with so not so hard to pick that up. Just really working out where we can help - and where we might hinder - if we use them, hence all the questions up front to everybody before we do either!
  • iuventus said:

Yet everyone has the option to open all threads on the board--or none if they so choose. Why should anyone be denied the option read and post in those very threads?

Exactly why I asked if people even want the ability to have a thread deleted at all.

Some folks moaned they had no ability to delete their own threads so the idea was to offer, not force, that option. If it turns out that's worse then it's just as fine to leave that off the table.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!