Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Moderators (were) Needed!
  • 178 Comments sorted by
  • Hahahaha!  I guess that worked!  Woohooo!
  • Hi everyone! Thank you for all your help in suggesting moderators for the forum. We will be proceeding with Halloween_Jack and The_Carpathian, active immediately. If further moderators are required, please do let us know.

Huge thanks to Jack and Carpy who are already a massive asset to the forum and who we know will do a fantastic job as moderators!

-DeerModerator

hey there. i don't mind having a bit of a go at this. :)
  • Thanks, Deer :)

Just so folks know, I won't do anything too major without consultation first - possibly via PM's - even in this madhouse that would seem plain rude!

If I move a thread it won''t be to demote it (it'll still show up as high or low in the recent posts list) but just to get things a bit more logical if people are looking for things. Again, if people have a good reason to not want this done to a thread for one reason or another then drop me a PM and I'll be more than happy to have a natter.

Hope that makes some sort of coherent sense! :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• hey there. i don't mind having a bit of a go at this. :)

Hahaha!  While I like your bazooka concept, Cookie, I think that's why The Carpathian and Halloween_Jack were chosen.  A little more cooler heads.  And, exactly why I didn't volunteer.  I'd use something even more indiscrimate, like a black hole, on some posts.

• Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-04 11:52:39
  • Cheers, DeerMod. :)

As per Carpy, I will be exercising moderation in my moderation.

Not sure just what we can do yet... hopefully we should be able to put right a few of the shortfalls people have been listing... as well as, of course, deleting spam & moving oddly-located threads.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-04 12:23:11
  • I thought that the moderators were primarily taken on to organize threads and rid the place of spam. Do you really plan on perpetrating censorship, Carpy? HJ?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

I thought that the moderators were primarily taken on to organize threads and rid the place of spam. Do you really plan on perpetrating censorship, Carpy? HJ?

I'm not rising to that and had made it quite clear how much or how little I was aiming to do and how.
    If that's the attitude I'm going to get within about 20mins of even starting to try and help then I'm outta here.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Yep, hopefully no censorship of threads please!!
  • Carpy,

My question was laced with no attitude at all; nor was it a response to your statement(s), but to the seeming presumptions of others that that's what your job is. I presumed that your intention wasn't to censor, but I wasn't quite clear on it because of what others were saying. And, no, you weren't 'quite clear.' Otherwise I wouldn't have asked.

Whatever you may think of me, please don't read into my words so negatively, and respond so dramatically, without questioning me first. It wouldn't be fair to label me the next reason you "take a break" from the forums. That just leads to that old familiar mob mentality.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-04 11:54:25
  • excellent news. you have my total support, carpie and HJ2
  • Ah!  Suggestion deleted.  Thanks for finally explaining things so clearly, Folklore.  Greatly appreciated.
  • Apparently, others weren't clear on this matter either.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-04 11:55:24
  • Good news

• Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-04 12:16:50

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!