Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Moderators (were) Needed!
  • 178 Comments sorted by
  • Never mind.  Another post deleted as wasted effort.  No need for reply, Folklore, if you happened to see it.  Hooray for the success of bad manners and offensive behaviour!
  • Not sure just what we can do yet... hopefully we should be able to put right a few of the shortfalls people have been listing... as well as, of course, deleting spam & moving oddly-located threads.

Just to clarify - I was not talking about censoring. This board and its ancestor have always been open to any and all opinions, and that is a part of what makes it so compelling.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-04 12:24:26
  • Hooray for the success of bad manners and offensive behaviour!

Not at all, but for the opportunity to face and denounce them by means of true discourse. Every day we're faced with atrocious attitudes and comments reflected in our daily news sources and other media. As upsetting as it may have been to me, I was glad to learn that ministers in North Carolina were encouraging their parishioners to punch their gay sons and belittle their lesbian daughters. I'm pleased to see the faces of the bigots, including everyday citizens, educators, and politicians, on my local and national news. As a result, I know against whom I am standing. I feel both enlightened and encouraged to be able to face the oppressors rather than shut them behind the door of censorship. The whole free speech idea is probably the one constitutional guarantee that I truly trust in.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I'm glad that our mods are so open :)

cake for everyone!!
  • If anyone is interested, it seems we have the following options regarding threads:

• Edit (obviously this one allows a title change, and/or a switch of "category")
    • Announce (not sure what this does?)
    • Sink (or this?)
    • Close
    • Delete

Oh, and it looks like we can delete individual posts. I guess that is something we could do to tidy up posts that have been clearly marked as "content removed", "to be deleted" or similar. What do people think?

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-04 13:06:56
  • ^
    Can you change my forum name back to Hells Bells please. If this can't be done your chocolate cake is going straight in the bin :>
  • ^ Haha, we can only do things with threads or posts... we have no capability regarding members' names etc.
  • If anyone is interested, it seems we have the following options regarding threads:

• Edit (obviously this one allows a title change, and/or a switch of "category")
    • Announce (not sure what this does?)
    • Sink (or this?)
    • Close
    • Delete

Oh, and it looks like we can delete individual posts. I guess that is something we could do to tidy up posts that have been clearly marked as "content removed", "to be deleted" or similar. What do people think?

cool. id go as far as suggesting a discussion about house rules, but this wouldn't be in the interests of anarchy ;)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • iuventus said:

Hooray for the success of bad manners and offensive behaviour!

Not at all, but for the opportunity to face and denounce them by means of true discourse. Every day we're faced with atrocious attitudes and comments reflected in our daily news sources and other media. As upsetting as it may have been to me, I was glad to learn that ministers in North Carolina were encouraging their parishioners to punch their gay sons and belittle their lesbian daughters. I'm pleased to see the faces of the bigots, including everyday citizens, educators, and politicians, on my local and national news. As a result, I know against whom I am standing. I feel both enlightened and encouraged to be able to face the oppressors rather than shut them behind the door of censorship. The whole free speech idea is probably the one constitutional guarantee that I truly trust in.

Hooray for the success of bad manners and offensive behaviour masked as considered opinons!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-04 13:43:16
  • House rules, tweety?

1) Don't be crappy to others.

2) Virtual cake all round. It's just over there - look!

3) Spam should stay in the can in was supplied in.

I'd honestly hope those three could/would/should cover anything (especially the cake one).
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • .......phew , thank fuck I didn`t mention the dirty fork  :ar!
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Me no Mod , seems I failed the eejit test -

"Are you an eejit ?"    Yes/No

"Yes"...................doh!

Congratulations and commiserations ...you`ll know what I mean , if not now , then later ;)
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-04 14:35:19
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

.......phew , thank fuck I didn`t mention the dirty fork  :ar!

I bloomin' love that sketch! =D>
  • House rules, tweety?

I'd honestly hope those three could/would/should cover anything (especially the cake one).

I would certainly buy into that, I fear for a row about rule one and the definition of crappy, but yeah.

now hand over the cake! :D
    "its MY favourite song"
  • tweety said:

House rules, tweety?

I would certainly buy into that, I fear for a row about rule one and the definition of crappy,

Just cake & spam then? :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!