Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Seventh Tardis - The Doctor Who thread
  • 271 Comments sorted by
  • Thanks for sharing, I haven't found that on any DW site thus far, though it's obviously designed to be seen in 3D and is a bit disorientating to watch on a non 3D monitor

Open the video and click on the 3D button bottom rightish and turn it off - my daughter had to tell me about that . She sent me the video also.
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-28 11:00:51
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

Thanks for sharing, I haven't found that on any DW site thus far, though it's obviously designed to be seen in 3D and is a bit disorientating to watch on a non 3D monitor

Open the video and click on the 3D button bottom rightish and turn it off - my daughter had to tell me about that . She sent me the video also.

Thanks for the tip, I will have another look in due course, I didn't think you liked DW much Mr. Cardiff did you?
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Yup I do , love watching it with my kids , not as a keen fan as such , just an ordinary fan . Did have Tom Bakers autograph from a Dr Who book signing from the 70s - my mum threw it away though , ".......and thats why you`re going into an old folks home" 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

• That's totally understandable with Tom Baker's autograph ;) David Tennant famously met Tom Baker at a book signing when he was a kid, and it's an established fact that David Tennant became an actor because of DW. It seems to have become trendy to slag Tennant off but I think he is easily the best of the new Doctor's personally and he's in my top 3 or 4 all time Doctor's, Matt Smith isn't even in the top ten I am afraid, yes I do prefer Colin Baker! That isn't to say I dislike Matt Smith, but boy did I dislike him at first!!! :-O
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-28 12:13:57
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • current viewing

I'll leave it to one of you lot to say which story it's from..... ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • A&E?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Go to 3D Options menu by clicking the 3D button, scroll down to Other Options and you should be able to find something that works for your glasses. I chose 'no glasses' which requires you go cross-eyed! It works!

I just saw Doctor Who in 3D.

PS It is fan made, believe it or not. Incredible. 
    :-O

• No one got the Claws of Axos, I see, though Iuventus does have a point the Axon creatures wouldn't look at all out of place in the A&E video, and they are both apparent;y organic creatures.

Recent viewing as follows

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • It happens, ok?

• The Twelfth Doctor will be exclusively revealed in a special one-off live television event this Sunday on BBC One,
  • The Twelfth Doctor will be exclusively revealed in a special one-off live television event this Sunday on BBC One,

Exciting! I'm hoping it's not Peter Capaldi. No idea who Moffat will be going with but I certainly have my favourites..
  • When they revealed Matt Smith as The Doctor in the Doctor Who confidential, I was disappointed to say the least, and it's only more recently I actually started to like him as The Doctor. Conversely I was really excited by the news that Christopher Eccleston was going to be the Doctor when it was announced back in 2004. I thought Eccelston had genuine quirkiness, variety and skill as an actor, so I would personally prefer someone who has that kind of experience. Whilst I love Tom Baker, I am not really up for a complete unknown again, so I would like to see a reasonably experienced and perhaps older actor take on the role., but that's just personal preferences.

I have no expectations and have largely ignored the casting rumors, thanks for the heads up on the Sunday BBC One, I shall try to watch without prejudice

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • tvpatrol said:

The Twelfth Doctor will be exclusively revealed in a special one-off live television event this Sunday on BBC One,

Finally, something to watch on a Sunday night (I'm not admitting to watching Strike Back Project Dawn :-S   )
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-08-02 19:23:36
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!