Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The "Clay" Appreciation Thread
  • 212 Comments sorted by
  • ping said:

here you go BM...
    letters of note

Thank You very much Ping, wow moving, heart rendering and so well translated into song.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Do I hear horses on this track or is my hearing aid letting me down again?  %-(
  • Can somebody please clarify something for me, I have read a couple of reviewers stating that 'Clay' is based on the true love story of two soldiers from the First World War, I assumed the events had taken place during the Second World War, can someone please clarify? and is it possible anyone has further information concerning the letter/s Alison read as inspiration, isn't it placed on a website somewhere?

Many thanks in advance

Alison said World War II in the Idolator review.

hunter

• Do I hear horses on this track or is my hearing aid letting me down again?  %-(

Probably soldiers marching off to battle.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Clay was breathtaking live. Alison was engrossed; she became the wind, the billowing waves of grass, the ancient stars...

[/melodramatic mode]
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-09-11 22:03:57
  • I love that in an artist....when they are so involved in what they are doing they are taken somewhere else.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I keep thinking of my first love when I listen to Clay.... I may need to lay off this song forabit....
  • X :( X
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • hunter said:

Alison said World War II in the Idolator review.

hunter

Thanks Hunter, I managed to read the letter now. I wish reviewers would get this right though, it's quite an important detail really.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • chokka said:

I keep thinking of my first love when I listen to Clay.... I may need to lay off this song forabit....

Is this a good thing? I've yet to find my first love.
  • x :( x
  • Don't be. I'm not.
  • That is ok then :)
  • iuventus said:

chokka said:

I keep thinking of my first love when I listen to Clay.... I may need to lay off this song forabit....

Is this a good thing? I've yet to find my first love.

Me neither. Even though i am married. LOL.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • It's "..deep seeing eyes.." and " we fought them ".

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!