Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The "Clay" Appreciation Thread
  • 212 Comments sorted by
  • Keeping it.
    Post edited by hunter at 2013-08-30 09:55:01
  • @Hunter - I have to say it moves me to the point where I well up. At the concert, all the hairs stood up on my arms which previously happened during a live rendition of Black Cherry (standing 6 feet from Alison) There was a hush in the audience and I noticed my partner blinkin' em back. 

Magical songwriting, and a new vocal direction for Alison.

EDIT: your post is very honest and relevant and probably means a lot to the people who read it. Don't delete!
    Post edited by Sparky at 2013-08-30 08:23:29

• This song has prompted a massive emotional and psychological journey (as well as a smaller physical one) that I have a feeling will spin me into places I thought I wouldn't venture over the next few weeks.

Took a drive out to Lover's Leap (a giant cliff over looking Lake Tahoe) today...let the small parcel of his ashes go at sunset...singing on the wind, their meaning taken by time...hmm...it all keeps taking on more layers the deeper I go.

hunter
    Post edited by hunter at 2013-08-31 04:35:07
  • Do we know yet if there has been a video confirmed for Clay?

hunter
  • Not until Cervus and I have memorized our lines.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • hunter said:

Do we know yet if there has been a video confirmed for Clay?

hunter

Yes.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • iuventus said:

Not until Cervus and I have memorized our lines.

:) hehe
    Stranger said:

Yes.

Oh dear......Kleenex may have to deliver direct if this continues.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Sorry, C, but you play the one who is killed.
  • I may not have to learn much then.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • It's because you're so much prettier than I am.

Most of our lines are kissing anyhow.
  • Oh behave! :)

That is only your word anyway as we only have the 'Alice' picture for reference....! :)
  • Needst anything more?
  • :)
  • I can't stop listening to this song...I usually live with something for at least 2 years before I add it to fave lists but this...

Damn! Goldfrapp has never nailed my inner most fears, desires, pain, as much as they do with this song. It's almost as if they took an entire chapter of my life and wrote a song about it.

I have read the letter that inspired this song and find it beautiful! But somehow, the way Alison wrote the lyrics left out any of the parts of the letter that make it directly connected to it and then made the lyrics so universal that they all, every single line, apply perfectly to my own personal experience. The sign of a truly gifted writer.

I'm obsessed. This song slays me every time I hear it.

hunter

The only other Goldfrapp song that has applied so perfectly to my life has been Monster Love and it is tied as my fave G song with Paper Bag. Interestingly enough, Monster Love applies to the same chapter of my life, and the same love of the same man that Clay does. Even the line "we went down to Hollywood" is appropriate as I am a California boy and Charles and I took regular trips to SoCal (both our families are down there and we went to Coachella every year we were together) and our favorite driving route was taking the 101 down the coast.
  • It is very hard to listen to for me for similar reasons but it's beauty helps me to persuade me. Although I cannot get through it without my eyes running/streaming.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!