Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Welcome to the new Goldfrapp Forum!
  • 167 Comments sorted by
  • Something akin to Filthy Fridays would not go a miss.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • whisperit said:

^Maybe not dead, but dull.

What kills it for me is that there are so many posts that are just witless
    statements of the "what I'm doing right now", "I like sport" kind of
    thing - which belong on FB or Twatter. 

I'd love to revive a more Frapp-ish flavour to the place. Hard to define what that means. Maybe  - apart from the music itself - something a bit alternative to what you see elsewhere - something subversive, mischievous, witty, serious, bright, and kind.

A_is_A's pumpkin is a great example.

ping said:

whisperit said:

I'd love to revive a more Frapp-ish flavour to the place. Hard to define what that means.

Yes please

Obviously it should be Frappish-flavoured as you call it but people still moan about that. You can't win!
    Id like to see what you start up as something more subversive and mischievous. I'm intrigued :-?
  • whisperit said:

What kills it for me is that there are so many posts that are just witless
    statements of the "what I'm doing right now", "I like sport" kind of
    thing - which belong on FB or Twatter. 

I'd love to revive a more Frapp-ish flavour to the place. Hard to define what that means. Maybe  - apart from the music itself - something a bit alternative to what you see elsewhere - something subversive, mischievous, witty, serious, bright, and kind.

A_is_A's pumpkin is a great example.

Yes , its a paraphrased note I`ve mentioned a couple of times , the forum is filled with posts that actually say nothing , its also has a high percentage of whinging as well , higher than I regard as generally humanly possible or healthy . 
     All this , coupled with the fact that there are more people who just want to be a consumer rather than be a provider of interest or wit . I say that as an observation not a criticism .

I`ve started more than a few threads that provided at least a spark to start from but the magnetism of those other threads pulls people back to them , I`d agree with Helen who mentioned that the forum is going down the shitter .

This - 

+

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-11-05 09:38:29
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ^
    Your've marginalised the high count posting females on here with your penis comment >:P
  • ^
    Your've marginalised the high count posting females on here with your penis comment >:P

No , although I could make it "The Bigger Your Penis/Tits Is/Are" , both pics are comments on some of the type of posting that is going on , both are a bad thing (imo) . To my notice , there are no females that are posting and making any song and dance about it (a good thing imo) .   
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I would even stop posting about the Reds if there was more Frapp threads. Well post less rather than not at all.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I think everyone here would like to see more interesting & fewer frivolous posts. I do appreciate you guys (whisperit and sartori) have tried to kick-start things, but if people aren't responding much, I guess it's because the type of members who'd be good contributors are absent/busy, or frequent visitors are worried about not being clever or witty enough.

I'm not sure how we'd attract more "quality posters" to the forum, or persuade existing members to "clever-up". I'm not trying to be negative, and I do appreciate the frustration, but I don't think there's a simple answer.

Compared to the golden era of the GMB (some would say that was pre-2008), there are now lots more on-line distractions, so I guess that contributes to the dearth of top-notch threads.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-11-05 11:12:25
  •  I don`t think it`s a specific nothing-to-talk-about-Goldfrapp thing , its general , a subject doesn`t need to be one of a persons interests to be interesting . This makes me sound like I`m designating myself as the Boards Boring Monitor , but the truth is far from it , I believe that if you`re not part of the answer then you`re part of the problem , my comments are the next logical step - "define the issue" . I`ve defined it from where I stand , the board no longer contains much that piques my interest , I`ve tried to do something about it , the next step is abandon ship . My posts aren`t frustrated about the situation , they are just logical , emotionless observations . If what is here interests people , then that`s fine - don`t change it . Please don`t think I want or expect people to be Oscar Wilde every post . 

I think Elliot has hit the nail on the head with there being lots of other distractions , I`ve already seen the same on other forums , where only a hardcore is left and then real tenuous threads start appearing (eg a new RIP thread for everyone that passes away) .  
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-11-05 11:50:45
  • People come and go, but there's almost always somebody talking. Hell, if you look at the old board WW and Peter J are still talking, even if its amoungst themselves. It's just a nice place for people who want to talk about Goldfrapp to talk to other people who like Goldfrapp. In that way it's working just fine. Fun is what you make it.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • This is why there is an off topic part so other things can be chatted about. I like that part as have lots of friendly banter with people in the Anna Calvi thread or footy thread. It's good fun.
    Sometimes the actual Goldfrapp threads bring out the worst in people eg. Going against the grain saying there's a song or video even that your not keen on just make some people spit vitriol on here for daring to express an opinion.
    People should be more specific what they want going forward as it's a forum for everyone and if you don't like what people post don't even bother looking or just ignore it. I've learnt that from past petty bust ups with people on here :-<
  • My position in this discussion is a bit awkward. I've not been here too long, and I've only started one discussion, so probably I'm more of a "consumer" then??

I must say that in the last period I enjoyed messages about the different gigs very much. Even though they were not always shockingly intellectual or something. I feel hesitant to start new discussions, because I often wonder whether my thoughts are worth sharing with everybody .

I do not read every topic on this board, because some of them are not interesting enough for me. For example everything that has to do with football. But if Hells and CW want to start a discussion bout that, it's fine with me. I rather focus on other topics. And I'm having lots of fun playing "link the song title games" and so on.

Nevertheless, I understand the nature of Sartori's remarks. It's not an easy-to-solve problem, especially when we demand both quality and quantity. But I like it here, having small talk about this and that, and sometimes start a discussion or react to one that goes a little deeper. Being among fellow Frappers who I don't know at all is good fun for me!
  • Sartori said:

This makes me sound like I`m designating myself as the Boards Boring Monitor ,  

i'm happy for you to be the 'board boring monitor', we could make you a badge and everything. 
  • ping said:

Sartori said:

This makes me sound like I`m designating myself as the Boards Boring Monitor ,  

i'm happy for you to be the 'board boring monitor', we could make you a badge and everything. 

Miss Ping , stop running in the corridor and do your tie up ;)
  • I am seeing a uniform.....maybe with some type of hat ;-)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • And a cane, so if we're really boring...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!