Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Welcome to the new Goldfrapp Forum!
  • 167 Comments sorted by
  • It's so shiny!
  • Is it just me or does the forum seem as though it's come to a grinding halt? Just seems that there was the obvious flurry of activity when the new forum started. Huge response to the new album and everything associated with it but now, screeeeech. Grinding halt. Maybe I look at the wrong time of day but surely not everyone's buggered off to FB and Twatter have they?
    It's very lonely here :-??
  • i argee with you there H_B most night i'm on & i think i'm the only one on most of the time..... like home very lonely.... :(
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I agree. There's very little new threads being made, or new replies, or new members etc...
    On the bright side, at least there's less arguing than there was at the start.

• Yeah i think the troll incident and bickering put some people off, but they'll be back! Just wait for a new video to come out, come to think of it...What's up with the Monica Bellucci thread, that was a good one!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-10-07 23:41:18
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Don't worry, the GMB will blow up in the middle of next month ;)
  • TBH i thought there would be more people posting. The regulars though are great and are obviously huge Frappers and was on the old forum. Which i was not. I missed out big time there. I am addicted to the forum as it is now. But more good threads would be nice. I think we are all scared of starting threads Goldfrapp related. Probably because they might seem pointless. We are the opposite with the off subject ones. It is good we have been able to talk about our other favourite things away from Goldfrapp. Anyway. I love this forum.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • This place (or at least the one that came before it) has always had weird bumps between so fast that you miss stuff and cobwebs. I think it also seems better/worse depending on how often you visit etc.

I don't get chance to get here during the day much due to work being pretty much full on all day now (new job is great and all that but phew!) so when I do log on there's loooooaaaaaaads of new posts for me to wade through. To be honest I've been feeling the opposite of most others on here. With not getting on as much as i once did I'm feeling left behind like everybody else is posting loads and I'm becoming increasingly out of the loop. Considering we're all looking at the same place and some see it being dead and for others it's busy just means it's probably normal.

It's also in an odd hinterland between album & singles and the tour coming up. I remember the old board getting so quiet after the Supernature release that even the tumbleweeds had tumbleweeds but then just look at this place in the first few weeks - chaos! It's comes, it goes, it comes back again.

Also, I don't think the number of new threads is any sort of indicator, to be honest. So many people created threads in a mad rush at the start and on the eve of releases or tours that most of the threads needed are here or can happily subsume extra stuff into them and when new things happen in FrappWorld one soon appears too.

I don't pretend to understand - there's people involved and that always confuses the issue ;) :D
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-10-08 09:11:51
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Here are the page-views and comments for the past 2 months. As you can see, they both peak around album-release time, and then come down to a similar level to pre-release. So... no surprises there.

I agree it's a shame there aren't more people joining, and that there aren't more weird and wonderful threads being created, but I don't think there's too much more we can do (or expect). We have curtailed virtually all spam attacks, and myself and Carpy have not been given the ability to change the layout at all.

It's probably never going to be like it was in the '05-'08 heyday, as nowadays people spend a larger proportion of their time/output on the social media sites.

• coming on earlyer did'nt make much diffrence, still quite..... oh well's.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I shall try to post more instead of just reading everything ;) Until you will regret saying it's quiet here :D
  • Dead as a doornail is one of the many idiomatic similes used for emphasis (to intensify the adjective). Thus, it simply means deadvery deadquite deadcertainly dead, etc. It can be used figuratively or literally in any context.

This is pretty much what is happening to this forum. More activity in a haunted house 
    8-X
  • ^Maybe not dead, but dull.

What kills it for me is that there are so many posts that are just witless
    statements of the "what I'm doing right now", "I like sport" kind of
    thing - which belong on FB or Twatter. 

I'd love to revive a more Frapp-ish flavour to the place. Hard to define what that means. Maybe  - apart from the music itself - something a bit alternative to what you see elsewhere - something subversive, mischievous, witty, serious, bright, and kind.

A_is_A's pumpkin is a great example.

• whisperit said:

^Maybe not dead, but dull.

I'd love to revive a more Frapp-ish flavour to the place. Hard to define what that means.

Yes please

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!