Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Watched "Tim's Vermeer" a few days ago....genius. If you like art and science, you'll love it. The concept is incredible. You will see painting in a completely different way....literally.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I agree. I found the ending rather frustrating but on the whole it was a mesmerising & haunting experience.

The score was superb. It would be interesting to listen to it on headphones whilst walking along the streets of Glasgow!

I read the book and an earlier quite different draft of the script and they all shared this problem, i get what the ending was trying to do but like you said it just felt frustrating in the context, like having a bucket of cold water poured over you whilst you're in the middle of a really hypnotic dream.

Last movie i watched was Shutter Island, it wasn't bad but Leo's occasional choice of fake accent sure was!
    Post edited by rewak at 2014-03-28 11:09:22
  • Went and saw Noah last night. Can't stop thinking about it. A beautifully shot film with some great performances and spectacular set pieces and scenery. The film is overflowing with images, ideas and emotional explorations of theology and the metaphysical.

hunter
  • Captain America - Winter Soldier . All action and packed with uber-foxes .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2014-03-29 05:27:29
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • hunter said:

Went and saw Noah last night. Can't stop thinking about it. A beautifully shot film with some great performances and spectacular set pieces and scenery. The film is overflowing with images, ideas and emotional explorations of theology and the metaphysical.

hunter

So glad to read that. I've seen the last three Aronofsky films at the cinema and adored them and Requiem For A Dream is one of my favourite films. I'll be booking for Noah as soon as tickets go out at my local indie of choice.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Back from seeing Under The Skin for the third time. Just something about it that keeps dragging me back and won't let go. Amongst other things, I think it's the use of those wonderful held-for-almost-too-long shots. It's one of the brave things I loved about Kubrick and can understand how in the era of cut everything quickly it must feel odd for some.

Still making sense of some bits this time that I'd missed the first twice and even knowing the story arc didn't spoil the hypnotic nature for me. Personally I loved the ending - partly for the very final nature of it but mainly for what it is the eventual result of.

It won't please everybody as a film experience but it sure as anything did it for me.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2014-03-29 18:21:48
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • hunter said:

Went and saw Noah last night. Can't stop thinking about it. A beautifully shot film with some great performances and spectacular set pieces and scenery. The film is overflowing with images, ideas and emotional explorations of theology and the metaphysical.

hunter

Does Jennifer get her tits out ?
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • iuventus said:Daughters of Darkness is brilliant. It might rank above The Hunger if it weren't for the latter's soundtrack.

Yeah, 
    Daughters of Darkness is a brilliant film.
  • Last night, I watched Journey to the Center [sic] of the Earth (1959).  It's so rich in glitches that different ones stand out each time.  This time, I was particularly struck by the idea that, at the centre of the earth, magnetic forces would be so powerful that they'd snatch away non-ferrous metals.  (Crumbs!)  (It did strike me, for the first time, that at the centre of the earth one might be weightless -- where is there to fall?  Apart from the nonsensical magnetic thing, gravity seems, in the film, to operate normally throughout.)  I was also struck by the way in which, after months underground, the men still have short neat haircuts and no beards, while Arlene Dahl's hair is well dressed and her makeup perfect.
  • Akira - What a load of gruesome fun! First time I've seen it on the big screen. Must have informed a bit of Looper and that similar television series coming soon.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I thought PCP use went out of style in the 60's, but then I saw 'Noah'. I was half expecting a dragon to fly across the screen or a hobbit to pop out. I seriously wanted to ask for a refund. Dat shit was jus cray cray.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • ^Best movie review I've read in ages :D :D
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-04-01 09:30:47
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • ^ It might be a good review if I had any idea what PCP is.
  • Pet said:

^ It might be a good review if I had any idea what PCP is.

It's a sixties drug
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Pet said:

^ It might be a good review if I had any idea what PCP is.

Google got uninvented ?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!