Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Dreeke said:

Pet said:

^ It might be a good review if I had any idea what PCP is.

It's a sixties drug

I was in the 60s, but don't remember it.
  • Sartori said:

Pet said:

^ It might be a good review if I had any idea what PCP is.

Google got uninvented ?

I seldom find Google useful.  When I try to use it, I almost invariably find that loads of irrelevant stuff comes up... not infrequently nothing but irrelevant stuff.  Perhaps I'm just not very good with Google.
  • Angel dust, Pet.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Angel dust, Pet.

Thank you!   That was a horse tranquiliser, wasn't it?  Ketamine??
  • I think it was called We Need To Talk About Kevin with Tilda Swinton? Thought I was going to hate it as bloody depressing but stuck with it and enjoyed it.
    Post edited by Hells_Bells at 2014-04-01 18:44:01
  • PCP was an anesthetic, Pet, but people used it as a recreational drug. It was around in the late 80s still. A friend and I did it accidentally once. I don't know anything about ketamine except that it makes people dance like crazy homeless guy at Mardi Gras.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I think it was called We Need To Talk About Kevin with Tilda Swinton? Thought I was going to hate it as bloody depressing but stuck with it and enjoyed it.

Loved that one!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Philomena, finally got around to watching it.

Very good.
  • ^ haven't seen that yet, didn't A say Alvar was influenced by that story?

HB - I really liked we need to talk about Kevin. Tilda is pretty great.
  • ^ Talk About Kevin, talk about disturbing! I'm not going anywhere near that Spanish tomato throwing festival, just in case. Looking forward to Under The Skin this weekend, i wanna see what all the buzz is about.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Yeah, I'm gonna see it this weekend too...although I already know how it ends. Lez have a discussion later! I wish Alison would get on here to really talk... :-c there's only so much discussion on tweeter.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Did you read the book, is that why you know how it ends? AG on the GMB...that would be something. Dammit are you in invisibility mode?! I can never see you when you're on here.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-04-03 19:20:27
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • No, I read a review that had a spoiler in it. Apparently it really doesn't follow the book closely at all. I know Kubrick used to catch alot of shit for not following the written word, I guess it's a director thing.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Well, lets see it and rendezvous < I can NEVER spell that word without spell check!! > back here afterwords and add our $ 0.02 cents to the pot :)
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Will love to know what you two make of Under The Skin - I've now been to see it three times and I'm still very much enraptured by it.

I've just booked for the chunky 138min of Noah on the IMAX tomorrow afternoon. Read a review that described it as "Insane".

When the reviewer was asked if they meant "Insane good" or "Insane bad" they replied "Just insane. Bonkers from start to finish insane"

Add that to the fact it's a Darren Aronofsky film and I'm sold.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!