Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • blackfish is on BBC4 tonight, worth a watch especially if you're interested in animal welfare issues 
  • Cleopatra (1934) directed by Cecil B deMille, starring Claudette Colbert. Well worth watching
  • Pet said:

Antichrist.
    Why did I bother to watch such a sick, twisted disgusting film? Grotesque shit. I'll have nightmares now :-q

Tsk!  You should have watched A Damsel in Distress.  (See above.)

Yeah, your right Pet. I should be watching films like your recommendation. Much better for brain to get round!

Nice to read a little bit of sense.   =D>
  • Oh Boy

Well worth watching as well!

Trailer on Youtube

Post edited by Jeronimooo at 2013-11-22 18:25:02
  • Mike Leigh's "Another Year". Not new, but well recieved at the time, and now being screened on Film 4.

For me, all the worst bits of a Mike Leigh in a single carefully-crafted package.

Lovies doing "acting"? Check!

Lovies pretending to be dumb so as to convey "working class"? Check!

Characters who are given a ton of time at the beginning suddenly and pointlessly vanishing half way through? Check!

Ending apparently due purely to running out of film stock? Check!

Sense in the audience of having wasted two hours of their life? Check!

I shoulda listened to ping and watched Blackfish instead.

That would have cheered me up.

Post edited by whisperit at 2013-11-24 15:14:05
  • ^ I love mike Leigh but another year is pretty rubbish. Yes you should've watched blackfish, I hope sea world gets shut down.
    I'm on a bit of a documentary binge at the moment. The bear man and grey gardens are must watches. Act of killing is out on DVD tomorrow, that looks great think I might pick up a copy. And there leviathan's in the cinemas, i fancy that too.

• More good recommendations there, I think, pingo. The concept behind "The Act of Killing" is brilliant.

My problem with the talkies is that I cant watch anything violent without having to leave the cinema; I can't watch anything sad or upsetting without weeping uncontrollably; I can't watch anything rubbishy without standing up and denouncing the film, director, producers and actors for making it, and the audience for watching it; and I cant watch anything that's shown after my bedtime at 9pm.

Any ideas?

Post edited by whisperit at 2013-11-24 15:21:59
  • The Howling.

Wonderfully horrible camp. I can't believe those effects were state of the art ever.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • whisperit said:

More good recommendations there, I think, pingo. The concept behind "The Act of Killing" is brilliant.

My problem with the talkies is that I cant watch anything violent without having to leave the cinema; I can't watch anything sad or upsetting without weeping uncontrollably; I can't watch anything rubbishy without standing up and denouncing the film, director, producers and actors for making it, and the audience for watching it; and I cant watch anything that's shown after my bedtime at 9pm.

Any ideas?

Are you available for parties ?
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I`m off to see the Hunger Games doo dah thing as its my day off , I`m now over my cold , I`ve had a shave and feeling groovy .
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

I`m off to see the Hunger Games doo dah thing as its my day off , I`m now over my cold , I`ve had a shave and feeling groovy .

Now that was very very good . 
  • Sartori said:

I'm fully booked until 2027, I'm afraid, Sartori Though I might be able to squeeze you in for a lunchtime after July 2015.
  • whisperit said:

Sartori said:

I'm fully booked until 2027, I'm afraid, Sartori Though I might be able to squeeze you in for a lunchtime after July 2015.

Its a date , we`ll go and see Die Hard 18 and we`ll give half time scores in the style of Anton Du Beq and I`ll throw in as much popcorn as you can eat :)
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-11-26 15:02:08
  • ^ I wanna come too and see die hard 12,000,000 with you funny grumpy welshies!
  • ^Ewe are on, butt.

'Slong as we can make an evening of it and watch the Welsh remake, "Apocalypse Now In a Minute"

Tidy!
    Post edited by whisperit at 2013-11-26 17:12:05

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!