Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • That passed me by is he a hero of yours then?

I hope to get to see this movie anyway, though it will probably leave me feeling more depressed, such is the nature of real-life documentary movies for the most part I guess.

Not so much a hero but he created a company that made some amazing synthesizers.  I copied Pink Floyd and Jean Michel Jarre and got myself a Kurzweil K2000 synth (second hand) as soon as I could many years ago.  It's outdated now but at the time it was the nuts!  :D

As far as feeling depressed is concerned - at least you'll not be living in ignorant bliss (like me).
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.

• Not so much a hero but he created a company that made some amazing synthesizers.  I copied Pink Floyd and Jean Michel Jarre and got myself a Kurzweil K2000 synth (second hand) as soon as I could many years ago.  It's outdated now but at the time it was the nuts!  :D

As far as feeling depressed is concerned - at least you'll not be living in ignorant bliss (like me).

Sounds awesome with the synths.....

I didn't have you down as a floyd fan, from some of your posts you seem not so much into rock  and guitar music and more electro ;)

sometimes I wish I had more ignorance and bliss I tell ya, as much as it is good to learn new things, it would be nice to unlearn a lot of stuff I tell ya
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • scary movie 5 was shi* but few funny parts....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I don't think I even got passed scarey movie 1 to be honest
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • that's what happens when other people watch something you sometimes end up watching it with them, well it happens to me anyways....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • while on here watched bits of The Glimmer Man again.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Journey to Agartha.

Similar to Spirited Away & Princess Mononoke. Well... Similar to any Ghibli film. Stunning animation. Crystal clear in HD. It isn't dubbed, so all time spent is reading subtitles than taking in the breathtaking artwork.
    I do hope it's dubbed one day. Fantastic film.
  • watching Iron Man while on here seen it a few times anyways... :)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Iron Man is cool. And i have a T-Shirt. Was a present to me.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I didn't have you down as a floyd fan, from some of your posts you seem not so much into rock  and guitar music and more electro ;)

sometimes I wish I had more ignorance and bliss I tell ya, as much as it is good to learn new things, it would be nice to unlearn a lot of stuff I tell ya

You're kind of right Border_Mind.  I am not a fan of pure rock (a pub band with a bass guitar, lead guitar and drums is probably my worst nightmare).  However, add high production values and I'm all over it - the live version of Alvar is one of my favourite songs of all time.  I guess the difference is tens of thousands of pounds worth of electronic gadgetry.  If you add a few synths in for good measure then I'm a happy man.

I've found that most bands/musicians have at least one or 2 songs that I might like.  I bought the CD single to High Hopes by Pink Floyd and not long after watched the live concert from which the Pulse album is derived,  Whilst watching that concert I noticed thay they used a Kurzweil.  However, it was Jarre that made me really want one.

Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-09-22 17:55:03
  • I'll have to PM you sometime Mode_Devotion as this is the film thread, you would be welcome to start a thread discussing keyboards, I am sure at least two people will be talking in there ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • conan the barbarian (2011)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I'll have to PM you sometime Mode_Devotion as this is the film thread, you would be welcome to start a thread discussing keyboards, I am sure at least two people will be talking in there ;)

Yes apologies for hogging the film thread.  I did mention two films the last time I posted though. lol

This time next week I can report on Alpha Papa.  I'm going to see it in a little village cinema which shows films that have gone out of circulation on the main circuit.

• Yes apologies for hogging the film thread.  I did mention two films the last time I posted though. lol

This time next week I can report on Alpha Papa.  I'm going to see it in a little village cinema which shows films that have gone out of circulation on the main circuit.

No worries, do start a keyboards thread though ;)

Well you shouldn't be disappointed with Alpha Papa, especially if you like Alan Partridge already.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Finally got to watch Skyfall on DVD. Brilliant film. Daniel Craig is just soooooo gorgeous. Phwoar :x

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!