Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Watched "Stoker" and "Side Effects"
    Enjoyed them both.

Spend this afternoon watching "Evil Dead 2" and "Army of Darkness" with my best buddy.
    Immensly enjoyed those once again.

Hail To the king, baby....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Alison Wonderland Alice In Wonderland (Tim Burton), loved it, it's a very long time ago that the book was read to me, memories are vague but this certainly reawakened some of those memories. I understand the film wasn't that well received, but it worked for me, now must get myself the book again.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-09-24 15:56:03
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Halo 4 : forward unto dawn.....
    not really a Halo fan but it was a good film....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Butterfly On A Wheel, actually not bad, wasn't sure I would like it at fist, but really good twists in the movie, not bad at all
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • "Rush" was excellent. It straddled the tricky twin angle of "F1 nerdy goodness" and "Enjoyable regardless of F1" surprisingly well. I can just about recall that era of F1 (just - I was proper ickle) and it really captured the time.

Saw the "Hunt Vs Lauda" doc on BBC4 a few nights later and was amazed how ridiculously well Ron Howard had reconstructed things compared.

A couple of people not really motor racing fans from work went last night and really enjoyed it.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Dreeke said:

Watched "Stoker" and "Side Effects"
    Enjoyed them both.

Isn't the sound in Stoker amazing! It's almost like an extra character.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-09-26 16:34:49
  • Went to a screening of Rush last night (I don't think it's released here till tomorrow)..fantastic! I'm really not into racing (besides Danica Patrick) but was pleasantly surprised. Ron Howard really is a brilliant director. He can make any subject interesting and entertaining. Oh, and Olivia Wilde is in it....hotfuckingdam!
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2013-09-26 17:59:07
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Trust me... Those memorie

Dreeke said:

Watched "Stoker" and "Side Effects"
    Enjoyed them both.

Isn't the sound in Stoker amazing! It's almost like an extra character.

Absolutely agree.
    This should win some awards in sound design imho.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Blade II
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Ponygurl said:

Went to a screening of Rush last night (I don't think it's released here till tomorrow)..fantastic! I'm really not into racing (besides Danica Patrick) but was pleasantly surprised. Ron Howard really is a brilliant director. He can make any subject interesting and entertaining. Oh, and Olivia Wilde is in it....hotfuckingdam!

That seems to be the consensus - if you love a bit of F1 then it's a bonus but it's just a good film anyway with that put to one side.
  • Phantom, not a bad Cold War thriller, 'based on real events', David Duchovony as a rouge KGB agent on board a Soviet Submarine, what's not to like for me at any rate ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • watching Superman On channel 5 while i'm on here ;)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I went to one of the oldest cinemas in the country this evening (http://www.wottoneph.co.uk/history) to see Alpha Papa as they get the films long after they have done the rounds at the big chains.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • ^Did you like it?

I have just watched V/H/S I'm not sure whether I liked or disliked this movie, nothing new really, was unpleasant and disturbing in places, there are too many horrors of this ilk these days, I really would like to see something a bit more original.

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • ^Did you like it?
    I have just watched V/H/S I'm not sure whether I liked or disliked this movie, nothing new really, was unpleasant and disturbing in places, there are too many horrors of this ilk these days, I really would like to see something a bit more original.

I don't know anything about V/H/S.  Don't tell me.... someone puts a video tape into a video cassette recorder and a demon/evil spirit/ghost appears on the screen?

I can't watch horror's as I have an overactive imagination.  It's great for racy films though!  :))

In answer to your question, the first part of Alpha Papa was hilarious.  For me, it lost it's way at times.  It's a little "too" low budget lottery funded BRITISH for my liking.  If it had been given the same hollywood treatment as Mr Bean's Holiday then I may've enjoyed it more.  It will probably be a little easier to watch on the small screen.
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-09-29 18:51:34
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!