Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Jozzy81 said:

Swordfish.

Love that film - especially the slow-mo bit with the ball bearings!
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Gravity - took my breathe away. I'm of the mind that it is the best movie I've seen this year (and possibly the last few years).

I only just (after about 24 hours) started wondering how the hell they filmed it as I'm sure it wasn't shot on location.

Highly highly recommended. If you are going to see it I really suggest shellin out the extra $ for 3D (I'm going back in a few days to do it 3D AND IMAX as I saw it 3D on a regular screen).

Warning though, it is a very intense 90 mins. Most of the muscles in body hurt after feom being so tense. Be prepared.

• Jozzy81 said:

Swordfish.

Love that film - especially the slow-mo bit with the ball bearings!

yeah it was revolutionary back in it's day (2001), still brilliant today....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Life Of Pi........
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • The Wolverine.

I wanna be him when I grow up.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Tourist Trap.

Eek!
  • The Internship, it was rather boring.
  • The Conjuring.

Eh.
  • The last movie I watched was a few days ago, it was 'Taking Lives' which I didn't really get into until the end, but I would watch it again for that reason ;)

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • they shoot horses, don't they?

i like to go into movies knowing very little about them (i like to be surprised) but i still wasn't expecting it to be as bleak as it was
    Post edited by ickygerm at 2013-10-09 21:12:30
  • Filth.

I don't recommend it.  However this trailer makes it look much better than it really is...

• I had considered going to see it M_D, I read the book and it was quite enjoyable and very funny in places, albiet also disturbing as hell.The film looks kind of gratuitous in places, it hasn't been well reviewed, not that I should base my opinion on those of others without giving something the benefit of the doubt, but no I won't rush out to see it at the cinema.

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-10-10 19:27:59
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • The Last Samurai.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • ^^ After seeing the film I can understand how the book would be enjoyable.  The story is great but it is not well executed.  There were multiple production companies and sponsors listed at the start of the film.  It felt like someone had done a quick whip round in order to get it financed.

I'm all for gratuitous, disturbing and challenging material (as long as it's not horror).  With the right direction it could've become another Trainspotting and been perceived as art.  However, it feels a bit cheap which you may find has degraded the original story.
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-10-10 19:38:01
  • Yeah I feared that it may suffer from poor execution, and James McAvoy wasn't a natural choice for the main character in my opinion. I don't think he is a bad actor, he isn't an actor I find particularly great or interesting either, but he is not at all how I visualised DS Bruce Robertson. 
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-10-10 19:50:46
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!