Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Remains Of The Day was on TV yesterday. Cant believe I watched that whole scenario of will they wont they through the whole tedium of the film and basically no they didnt get together. Most disappointing  :-SS
  • Watching 'Entity' in a mo.

With a glass of wine.

As always.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Bells said:

Remains Of The Day was on TV yesterday...

You need the DVD with all the extras that has five different endings.  In one of them he gives her a box full of Dairy Milk.  Then in another it's some chocolates.

Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-25 23:54:40
  • haven't watched any films is a while (have been watching twin peaks) but the last one i watched was an anime called "millennium actress" by director satoshi kon - beautiful take on a love story, made me cry a bit at the end (i'm not a crier)
  • ickygerm said:

haven't watched any films is a while (have been watching twin peaks) but the last one i watched was an anime called "millennium actress" by director satoshi kon - beautiful take on a love story, made me cry a bit at the end (i'm not a crier)

Ohhh... That's one of my favorite animes. Do you know his other work? Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika and the Paranoia Agent series... All good stuff!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • The Intouchables http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34WIbmXkewU

I missed it at the cinema but it's truly brilliant - funny, heart warming and one of the best films I've seen in the last couple of years.  5*

Just saw World War Z - had some bad reviews but i gotta say i really enjoyed it - I'd give it a 4*

Man of Steel - enjoyed it, and Henry Cavill is just phwoar as Superman, not enough 'superman' but perhaps 3*

Behind the candleabra - great performances and quite funny, but overall mediocre. 3*

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men." - Leonardo da Vinci

FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/howard.trigg
    INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/howiet1971/
  • Finally watched 'Stoker' last night. I decided not to watch 'Entity' as I had planned. I left it for later.

Boy, it's definitely an interesting film. Acting was top-notch. I fell in love with the young actress. Never heard of her before. Gonna IMDB her. But something left me disappointed. There hardly was a twist. I felt like the fact that he was in a psychiatric house all that time was not enough for a twist. Perhaps it's my jaded taste for so many twisted movies that I've seen so far. But I did leave a 7-star score on IMDB.

Thank you @Border_Mind for the recommendation. Was it you?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Dreeke said:

Ohhh... That's one of my favorite animes. Do you know his other work? Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika and the Paranoia Agent series... All good stuff!

yes! :) i had watched tokyo godfathers and paprika a while ago, but i felt like re-watching paprika recently and went on a bit of a spree and watched everything else you just listed. wonderful stuff. i also became aware of susumu hirasawa through all this, so, bonus, haha
  • ickygerm said:

yes! :) i had watched tokyo godfathers and paprika a while ago, but i felt like re-watching paprika recently and went on a bit of a spree and watched everything else you just listed. wonderful stuff. i also became aware of susumu hirasawa through all this, so, bonus, haha

Are you familiar with Mamoru Hosoda?
    He did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars. Love those movies!
  • Dreeke said:

oooh, no, i'm not. those sound interesting, i'll look into them. thank you!
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:44:20
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:44:27
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria

• Stranger said:

Dreeke: did Paranoia Agent ever get a UK or even a Dutch/FR box set release?

We found an UK boxset in the Forbidden Planet store in London. Don't know if there's a Dutch/FR release.
  • Dreeke said:

I've been meaning to watch Girl Who Leapt Through Time for a while and I've now heard it mentioned twice in last couple of days.

I guess I really should get round to it!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Alan said:

Finally watched 'Stoker' last night. I decided not to watch 'Entity' as I had planned. I left it for later.

Boy, it's definitely an interesting film. Acting was top-notch. I fell in love with the young actress. Never heard of her before. Gonna IMDB her. But something left me disappointed. There hardly was a twist. I felt like the fact that he was in a psychiatric house all that time was not enough for a twist. Perhaps it's my jaded taste for so many twisted movies that I've seen so far. But I did leave a 7-star score on IMDB.

Thank you @Border_Mind for the recommendation. Was it you?

No not me, I don't even know what this 'Stoker' is, I assume it's not something about Bram Stoker?

But, you did ask what I thought of 'Let the right one in' and then I didn't her back from you, did you manage to watch that yet and did you like it?
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-26 13:24:30
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!