Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 530 Comments sorted by
  • Watching our match at 4. Of course.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Dreeke said:

Just finished watching The Bridge S2
    Wow! Saga Norèn is such a great character.

Ah! Good, good, good. On here on the Spring. Saga my favourite TV detective of all time (well after New Sherlock - although they are actually similar in some ways).

Just finished Borgen 111 which was an understanded masterpiece. At one point near the end my partner said, oh god she's going to get assasinated'!! Sigh....brought home to me how drama relys on shocking you into getting emotionally involved these days. Better for an unexpected killing or murder to getting you on edge rather than rely on clever script writing. They made something as mudame as politics become utterly gripping without using any of the usual cliches to get yo on edge. The thing about the media in this series was the best part.
  • "Alex Polizzi's Perfect Christmas" BBC2 tonight, which probably means her showing off her tits again but with holly on them. If you've seen her before you'll know what I mean.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I'm still waiting for Doc Martin, series 6.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I am watching Rugby Union tonight, Blues v Ospreys. Via the bbc red button.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Caitlin Moran's "Raised By Wolves" is on Monday 10.50pm on C4.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I bet everyone is watching the final of Strictly.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • ^
    I dont watch that or X Factor. I refuse to be swept away by the BBC or ITV's insistence that us the viewing public are brain washed into watching durge that drones on month after month to further some z-list celebrities career. Plus, when its all over they put Christmas specials on off the same shit thats just been on!!!
    The words paint and dry spring to mind 
    :-q
  • ^ Loved her in series 1. Hope we get s2 soon.

It starts on BBC 4 on Saturday 4th January :)

I've been watching 'Masters of Sex' on Channel 4. A drama about Masters & Johnston's research in to human sexual behaviour in the 1950s & 60s and starring Michael Sheen & Lizzy Caplan.
    An absolutely fantastic series. Brilliant characterisation & screen writing. Hugely engaging, funny & often very moving. It thoroughly deserves the Golden Globe & all the other awards it's been nominated for. Roll on series 2.
  • Had both football matches on today. I was all on my own so i thought, Oh well. If i had company i would have just watched Swansea v Everton. Enjoyed them both. And being trouble-free.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Made the mistake of watching "The Muppets and Lady Gaga at Christmas"

Sadly, it turns out it should have been called "Lady Gaga Uses The Muppets To Sell Her Album And Half Of The Underused Muppets have The Wrong Voice Now And I feel Very Let Down" instead.

Awful, tacky & blatant.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I have got that Muppets and Gaga show recorded. She is usually quite entertaining. I will get round to watching that soon. With my naughty kids. Watching Arsenal v Chelsea tonight.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Watching both football matches today. Newcastle v Arsenal and Chelsea v Liverpool. Should be crackers.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Watched strictly! But the xmas hols is all about cheese for me.

I have watched anything with Felicity Jones in (Northanger Abbey, Chalet Girl) as she is so good!

Enjoyed Death at Pemberley. Pleasantly surprised by Inkheart. Cried watching Dr Who, Call the Midwife, and  Bridge to Terabithia of all things this morning (only tuned in for Zooey!). Will get back to some qulaity murder and pain in new year when Bridge starts. 

But xmas is all about soft escapism for me. Will watch Love Actually later (and enjoy despite how bad it is). I even sat through Downton Abbey the oether night (which I had refussed to continue watching due to terrible plot line).

On a music note i watched a new documentary on ABBA that finally linked the Meloncholy of Sweden with Abba songs. John Grant called them Goth Pop! :-)
    Post edited by tattmaylor at 2013-12-30 07:35:11
  • Think i will watch Quantum of solace. James Bond again on itv tonight. I will have that on upstairs instead of having Dunfermline v Rangers on down. Nobody can moan at me.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!