Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 529 Comments sorted by
  •  I've gone ahead and disabled the 'top posters' listing.

Yay!
  • Sartori said:

Ha!  I was scrolling up and I didn't even have to see the signature.  By the time I saw this, I was sure it was you, Sartori.  You really do have a distinct style.  That's what I was saying in that post awhile back...
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-01-09 09:33:11
  • I am glad its gone. When i told my family how much i had posted they said you need to get a life. There are 2 sides of being one of the top posters. You could think it makes you look the biggest and best Frapper. But it does not. How many posts are about Frapp ?. And you could be like me, Posting rubbish. Good thing is seeing your name there. That is it. TBH i cannot believe i have done as many.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Is it just me or has the board been quiet, post Tales of Us, compared to after other album releases.

I wonder if it's partly to do with the drawn out nature of the release. There's been such long gaps between gigs, releases, films, more gigs I think an element of momentum can be lost? I, personally, don't really mind that the whole thing is taking ages, but from some comments I'm under the impression it's really bugging others.
  • ping said:

Is it just me or has the board been quiet, post Tales of Us, compared to after other album releases.

I wonder if it's partly to do with the drawn out nature of the release. There's been such long gaps between gigs, releases, films, more gigs I think an element of momentum can be lost? I, personally, don't really mind that the whole thing is taking ages, but from some comments I'm under the impression it's really bugging others.

Mmm , yeah , it`s striking the balance between keeping Goldfrapp in the eye of publicity and the momentum you mention . The same as you , I also don`t mind , but as you also mention , there are some villagers who have lit their torches and are marching towards the castle .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I have just realised my friend H-B has not been on for a bit. Hope all is well. She got me into Anna Calvi. And she is ok even though she supports Arsenal. COME BACK H-B.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Var är gst?! Jag saknar honom. :( Så snälla, kom tillbaka!

Unfortunately my Swedish skills don't go further than that. But gst, if you are reading this, please let us (me) know that you are still alive and well! :)
  • Jag har en bok.
    That is the only Swedish I know. It means: I have a book.
    LOL :-)>:)
    Post edited by Jeronimooo at 2014-01-17 10:29:35
  • Bye , the board is no longer the board it was & no longer fulfills my interest . I have left the building , I might be some time .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I miss you already.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ^^ I suppose it's nice to take a break once in awhile. I enjoy your overly descriptive sense of humor and taste in sexy women..:D. There's been many times I'd like to post or interact, but time escapes me. All of our contributions make this place interesting, I hope you return soon.

I've been wondering about Banana...did Banana split? (I'm here all week folks). Yeah, where's Folks?
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-01-16 16:24:23
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • "no longer fulfills my interest"

I keep hoping the old board would come alive, once again.  There's a certain 'je ne sais quoi" about it and it didn't transfer.  I really do think it has something to do with the board itself, at least partially.
  • ^ I agree with your assesment. I think that the the old board's first page of four top topics of conversation kept people focused and interested. The fact that there are 16 or so top discussions now sort of defuses the attention. Also, little things like infinite scroll affect the way information is experienced. For example: The word game (which used to be one of my favs) only had 15 or so word posts before a new page would begin. The structure/limitation gave the word game an organic beginning and end. Now with infinite scroll it just goes on and on and yet never really goes anywhere.

I miss the charm and coziness of the old board, but I'm also thankful and happy to see they spent so much time trying to make the new one modern and attractive. It's a catch 22.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-01-16 20:38:24
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Does anyone remember  a gentleman who used to post on the "old" forum?  Mid 20s.  British.  Artist -- quite talented with illustration/photography.  He was a bit of a young curmudgeon and was not shy about sharing his displeasure with some Goldfrapp releases.  I certainly didn't always agree with the points he was making, but a conversation with him was never dull.  Can't for the life of me remember his handle.  Which is not terribly surprising as I don't remember MY handle from back then.  Ha.  I think I had a name related to the Black Cherry album.  How's that for a vague memory?
  • ^ Hmm, Jaxsbudgie, maybe? I don't know where he is now.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-01-17 12:18:37

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!