Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 529 Comments sorted by
  • cannot wait
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Got the feeling that I will be missing loads of fun....

• I look in every day, but been busy so not posted a lot lately.

Don't think bordermind been on this year yet...

Hello all, it's necessary to have breaks from time to time and often unavoidable, I was certainly thinking of you all ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I hope you were not seeing if anyone mentioned you to test how popular you are. I notice straight away if any of the regulars go away.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Suffering competitive issues? ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • You will always be ahead of me. I am going to try and cut down. Especially my moaning and football posts. The word game is one i will always post like mad on. Totally addicted to that. Right i will be back tomorrow.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • at the end of the day you post when you want and don't post when you don't want, to tell the truth, I don't like the top posters thing at all, it wasn't on the old board and I would personally be happier to see the top poster thing go, it's a bit alienating really, but it is nice to see we have a bit of a community here.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • ^ I hope Carpy and other members are OK with this?... but I've gone ahead and disabled the 'top posters' listing.

If anyone does really want it back... let me know. We, as mods, can still access the data, and can provide figures if and when someone is interested... that sound OK?

It's not a competition, so it's probably best left off, right?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-01-09 06:18:28
  • Cheers, Im glad its gone , its been used as a penis waving mechanism and other boards I visit have done the same. But, primarily I'm happy as it made the forum appear cliquey to potential new members. We haven't had the "Clique Wars" here yet thank de lord.

*edited due to "tense fail"
    Post edited by Sartori at 2014-01-09 05:33:07
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • We're on the verge though.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

We're on the verge though.

This one ? ;)  (sorry , I`m drawn to puns like Roger Rabbit)

Post edited by Sartori at 2014-01-09 05:43:52
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Precisely that one. How did you know?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I think our (socio)paths have crossed whilst athinking haha
  • Is it just me or has the board been quiet, post Tales of Us, compared to after other album releases.

Maybe people have got nothing to moan about so are not posting as much? i.e. lack of debate. Or maybe they have said everything they want to say about Frapp. Has the mystery gone? It does seem quiet considering an album has been released and other stuff (videos/live) is on the way. Or is it the new forum itself (new design)?

No excuse of Off Topic (which is very quite compared to old days)! Maybe it's just me.

Could be me getting old :-/
  • Maybe people have got nothing to moan about so are not posting as much?

I don`t think that`s a problem .

From where I`m stood (well,"sat") the "Off-Topic" thread , the all-weather engine house of the forum has gone from (well , an S&M version of it)

and is now like this 

Discussion has stopped and one hit threads have taken over . I`d concur the layout of the board doesn`t help and only shows the top 5 threads in each heading , if they get spammed , then I (at least) can`t be arsed to click into the bigger list anymore ie I`ve given up. Opening up new threads for discussion doesn`t work , people generally just want to use the one-hit threads and not interact anymore (observational not criticism) . A Facebook and Twitter effect ?
    Post edited by Sartori at 2014-01-09 11:07:31

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!