Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
DELUXE BOX - Updates & information
  • 1010 Comments sorted by
  • Im glad the box size means my postie won`t even try to poke it in my letterbox ....(ooer mrs) 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-09-04 06:01:12
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

• Low said:

If all of the album films were added as well as C-Tune, I'd have next to no complaints. 

Yup
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • There's also Ask The Lake remember, from the ditched Singles deluxe set. And before someone pipes up with "But EMI might own that!", i doubt very highly they outright own the Nowhere Boy score. And there's still zero logic behind only having 2 of the 5 films or 3 of the 9 live tracks (only counting the Tales section obviously)
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-09-04 06:29:38
  • stevil said:

fuck i'm old

God, I hate those days when I admit that to myself....
    :((

That's as close to an "Aaaaarrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!" emoticon as I  can find.
  • Nowhere Boy soundtrack extract. Erm, not really worth it to be honest. I'm sure something else could have been featured like another live track,etc. Just my opinion of course before anyone goes off on one as I know it's a sin on here to make even the slightest criticism! 8-|
  • Nowhere Boy soundtrack extract. Erm, not really worth it to be honest. I'm sure something else could have been featured like another live track,etc. Just my opinion of course before anyone goes off on one as I know it's a sin on here to make even the slightest criticism! 8-|

I wouldn't worry about sinning - I'd reckon most of us would agree with you on that.

It does seem an odd thing to put on there considering it's from a whole different era/project :-/
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

LOL, not really... this whole thread is full of criticism. :)

Personally, I've not ordered this baby. I shall wait to see the final list of contents.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-04 08:54:13
  • @The_Carpathian It fits the cinematic character of the album, though...?

@rewak Wasn't it you who spotted "ask the lake" lyrics in one of the TOU songs? 
    So I thought it's not being talked about as a B-Side any longer...
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-09-04 08:30:20
    Be patient.
  • I did indeed, which would probably make it the earliest TOU track in a sense, at least the gateway into the TOU era, so it would make a perfect addition, but no apparently not.

Observational criticism against ones values or perception of value if you like is always valid (as is your post) , being a grim reaper with a whinge erection is another thing (which your post is not).

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-09-04 10:43:01
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Jo_ey said:

What is Moog though

I want to say "a weird floating cartoon dog from Willo the Wisp" but that's so niche only about two people will get it. Ah, what the heck, I've said it now anyway!

You beat me to it..... ;)

I am more concerned that I am not getting confirmation emails about mine at all. I have gone into Sandbag and checked outstanding orders and it is there but I have heard nothing...prob worrying for no reason.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-09-04 16:58:49
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Cervus said:

Jo_ey said:

What is Moog though

I want to say "a weird floating cartoon dog from Willo the Wisp" but that's so niche only about two people will get it. Ah, what the heck, I've said it now anyway!

I am more concerned that I am not getting confirmation emails about mine at all. I have gone into Sandbag and checked outstanding orders and it is there but I have heard nothing...prob worrying for no reason.

Me too! Though by this stage, I'm more annoyed than worried.

• Are you sure they are not going to spam?
  • Cervus said:

Jo_ey said:

What is Moog though

your not the only person...
  • The box set will include:

Tales Of Us CD album

Bonus CD
    Alvar (Live in Manchester)
    Drew (Live in Manchester)
    Jo (Live in Manchester)

Lee (brand new track)
    Stranger (Moog Remix)
    Nowhere Boy (Soundtrack Extract) 

DVD
    Tales Of Us in 5.1 surround sound
    Drew (Film)
    Annabel (Film)

40 page hardback book compiled by Alison with exclusive images from Tales Of Us.

Tales Of Us Vinyl album in gatefold sleeve with 180gm vinyl and poster 

12" lithographic print

Plus your choice of 24bit wav or MP3 files of the album on the day of release. 

Now that's the ONLY thing that caught my attention but apparently it's not possible to buy that bonus CD without buying the other stuff... (I don't even have where to play a vinyl) hmmm...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!