Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Check Twitter for Alison updates
  • 241 Comments sorted by
  • i'm super proud of her for coming out puclicly as an atheist on twitter

BRAVA
  • Alison being an atheist had never really crossed my mind. Not that I thought she was religious... agnostic maybe?

• I can't think of any UK artists/bands who have described themselves as being religious. Different story in US.
  • I can't think of any UK artists/bands who have described themselves as being religious. Different story in US.

quite...indeed *yawn
  • Cliff Richard, that is, of course, if it is proved he is a massive hypocrite in the not too distant future. Mind you, not that religion has ever been a barrier to unusual sexual appetites.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I can't think of any UK artists/bands who have described themselves as being religious.

You seem quite proud of that.
  • @whickwithy
    That's because a lot of Brits are born again heathens!
    I think I've nailed my colours to the mast several times. This ain't a practise run. Enjoy it while you're here. Your atoms get recycled when your done with them because we are truly all made of stars.
  • I can't think of any UK artists/bands who have described themselves as being religious.

You seem quite proud of that.

'Proud' may not be exactly the right word, but surely any atheist would likely be pleased that fellow countrymen/women feel the same about faith... as him/herself?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2015-05-02 11:45:39
  • Didn't we always know she was one of Us?

(see what I did there?)
  • New sitcom, "The three Athiests".
    They live in a large house with 4 flats opposite a Church. The Church has a new Vicar who takes up residence in the 4th flat as the Church has no Vicarage. One of the Atheists is Gay, the others straight, and one of them is a woman. The new vicar is also Gay and champions same sex marriage although his Bishop is not of the same opinion as does not know the new Vicar's sexual preferences. The Vicar is called Bernard but likes to be called "Bern".
    First draft of episode 1 by Monday please.
  • ^ I just knew someone had been stalking me.....
  • The 3 Athiests are called Jed, Marsha and Simon.
  • Needs a better title. Try 'Dear God!'
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I think being sure about what is happening and what is going to happen on the other side is extreme hubris.  There is no evidence of any sort, for or against.  That being said, I can't say there's a lot going for some greybeard up in the sky, either.  The trail leads too clearly to some near-ape attempting to have an answer for everything.
  • u know she's not good with her twitter fans....

roisin murphy rules in that aspect 

just sayin' 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!