Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Check Twitter for Alison updates
  • 241 Comments sorted by
  • Does anyone remember in the graham norton radio interview a while back, will said something about Alison having ideas of other things they could do, but he didn't want to go into it any further cause he didn't wanna spoil anything. I can't remember if he gave any other details really or not. I'm wondering if it's that, whatever that was?!
  • ping said:

Does anyone remember in the graham norton radio interview a while back, will said something about Alison having ideas of other things they could do, but he didn't want to go into it any further cause he didn't wanna spoil anything. I can't remember if he gave any other details really or not. I'm wondering if it's that, whatever that was?!

I can't even remember that. Did we all just sort of skim over it?
    Post edited by Low at 2014-05-06 12:28:58

• Ha, here's the thread from at the time
    http://goldfrapp.com/forum/discussion/comment/28510#Comment_28510

I think I was the only one that thought anything of it then aswell! Haha
  • Yeah, I remember that.

Will:
    "We've been batting ideas around... about doing a full dramatic piece. I think we've struggled to find a story, although you've got some amazing ideas about that, Alison. But I won't say any more about that, in case that actually comes to fruition."
  • Is it just me, or is there a naked men in odd places trend on the board at the moment?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Well, mine was a python ref, if anyone didn't get that!
  • I know that ! And the big, naked Terry Jones in the middle???
  • And you can't see his python !
  • Has Alison said anything regarding North America on Twitter?  I'm starting to think this will be the first Goldfrapp album without a US or Canada tour -- if you discount the one-off NY show from last year.  It's a shame that they can't make it work.  Much lesser (in terms of sales and stature) acts seem to be able to tour the US regularly -- at least the major cities.  Every time I've seen them in LA, they've sold out their venues and played to rapturous crowds.  Frankly, with all due respect, far more enthusiastic crowds than they seem to play to in the UK.  
  • ^ I don't know anything about organising tours so I'm happy to be corrected but the impression I've got from some tweets of A's is that it's not always a matter of if they do/don't want tour somewhere, but that a promoter has to invite them?
  • Has Alison said anything regarding North America on Twitter?  I'm starting to think this will be the first Goldfrapp album without a US or Canada tour -- if you discount the one-off NY show from last year.  It's a shame that they can't make it work.  Much lesser (in terms of sales and stature) acts seem to be able to tour the US regularly -- at least the major cities.  Every time I've seen them in LA, they've sold out their venues and played to rapturous crowds.  Frankly, with all due respect, far more enthusiastic crowds than they seem to play to in the UK.  

With respect HT, the crowd at Somerset House last year and Brighton this year were ecstatic at the end. Do not understand the recent tendency for seated gigs. This always seems to slow the audience reaction down.
    More standing gigs Alison !
  • That's a good point, Urban.  Though I will say, I had the chance to catch Goldfrapp in the UK once and the crowd response was far more muted than each of the 8 or 9 times I've seen them in Southern California or NY.  She's also commented in interviews before that their American audiences are a lot more vocal and loudly receptive than their home audiences.  It might just be a cultural thing.  Anyway, back to knockers and trees and sunsets...
  •  knockers and trees and sunsets...

Well, at least we have that in common...
  • she is more on Instagram than on Twitter ...
    Think it's time to change my phone with one able to run it and the apps
  • ^ Really? I've never ventured onto instagram. Don't most/all of her postings there end up on twitter?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!