Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 566 Comments sorted by
  • Rather than watch it on the actual Goldfrapp website, the same video - in a choice of resolutions - is on youtube here. As I said, I was able to download the HiDef MP4 file from youtube - it's about 75MB.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-15 11:46:48
  • Well, I finally got it running on the site after downloading the latest Firefox.  It's playing ng pretty well.  But, I don't see the button for downloading it to a file, which was the main reason I wanted to get it from the site.  Any help?
  • Good Lord, but she's gorgeous!  Whew!
  • Got it!! Woohooooo!!!!
  • cliché
    noun [C] /kliˈʃeɪ, klɪ-/

Definition
    › an idea or expression that has been used too often and is often considered a sign of bad writing or old-fashioned thinking:
    The story is shamelessly corny, and grownups will groan at its clichés.

[cfr. Cambridge Online Dictionary of American English.]
  • oh hello mirror. what do you think of the track then?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • You know i was swaying on this before, but i'm getting more and more certain Mirror is Corvina.
  • Erm, well it's pretty much 7T if anything. It will take a few listens to get used to it. I will listen to it without watching the video.
    The video for me well, not sure what sort of a message thats giving out but not to my liking at all. I just dont get what the necessity of being arty has to include nakedness! It doesn't tell me anything just cheapens it. Hey ho maybe it's just the way I've been brought up.
    Overall initial thoughts is I'm not blown away but disappointed. I'll probably change my thoughts by Thursday but going to take a LOT of convincing
    I wonder if I can still cancel the overpriced deluxe box set???? :-? :-q
    Post edited by Hells_Bells at 2013-07-15 12:34:23
  • So good.
  • troll
    noun [C] (COMPUTING) /trəʊl/ /trɒl/ /troʊl/

Definition
    › someone who leaves an intentionally annoying message on the internet, in order to get attention or cause trouble
    › a message that someone leaves on the internet that is intended to annoy people:

A well-constructed troll will provoke irate or confused responses from flamers and newbies.

(Definition of troll noun (COMPUTING) from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • 4/5 listens get's the thumbs up from me, I like, love in fact the darker image, exactly the opposite to the  last offering (whic I also like/love). Nicely arranged, epic sound, it might be compared to as a bit 7T/FM but it sounds different to these ears at any rate, a new era for Goldfrapp again and I love it....
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • thats a shame you're not keen Bells  :(
    were you not that taken with 7T either?

i think the thing with nudes is they represent an unfettered image, for me i see a memory, one thats unspoiled by the drudgery of every day life or reality. a moment in time thats remembered as one of those 'perfect' moments. i think the songs quite sensuous and for me the video fits that well. but hey... we all take different things from what we see and hear. 
    Post edited by ping at 2013-07-15 12:53:09
  • Bells said:

The video for me well, not sure what sort of a message thats giving out but not to my liking at all. I just dont get what the necessity of being arty has to include nakedness! It doesn't tell me anything just cheapens it. Hey ho maybe it's just the way I've been brought up.

My interpretation is they're naked because they're either dead, imaginary, or just memories, which is why the keep appearing and disappearing in the video. When Alison walks into the room at the end of the video and see's herself standing at the window with the people in bed then begins to shed her clothes that's a sign that either she's died or she's entered her imaginary world again (either a fantasy world, a memory she wants to change, or some kind of split personality going on). But that's just my opinion.
  • rewak said:

Bells said:

My interpretation is they're naked because they're either dead, imaginary, or just memories, which is why the keep appearing and disappearing in the video. When Alison walks into the room at the end of the video and see's herself standing at the window with the people in bed then begins to shed her clothes that's a sign that either she's died or she's entered her imaginary world again (either a fantasy world, a memory she wants to change, or some kind of split personality going on). But that's just my opinion.

That's along the lines I thought too, that she was shedding her clothes to give in to her yearning for her memories which, in effect, is what the figures are/were?
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• @Bells I get where you are coming from.  I hate nakedness for the sake of it or in an objectifying crass way, see that Thicke plonker as an example *VOMIT*

This doesn't irk me the same way, I think it is nicely done & fits in well, even though something I am not usually fond of in a video.  

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!