Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 222 Comments sorted by
  • I think it would be fair to say no-one in the current situation has covered themselves in glory. All politicians are pigs with their noses in the trough of self ambition in my honest opinion, whichever side of the political divide or border they sit on.
    Scotland needs to consider carefully if it wishes to jump ship into a possible direct relationship with Brussels; if that is even likely, and break ties with the rest of the U.K., from which it currently receives favourable funding, and end up in an EU that itself breaks up so staunching that funding as well.
    No easy political solutions at the moment, but certainly one in which a period of infighting for self interest will only make things worse for all.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I, along with Appy61 and our good ladies, shook hands with a Baroness today, Sue Miller, Baroness Miller of Chilthorne Domer, a Lberal Democrat in the House of Lords. We met her at a vineyard in France that she and her husband own. She confirmed that, at the moment, Westminster is in chaos, both politically and on the media side as the current situation has taken everyone by surprise. She was hoping for a week in France but has to return next week to be there as the political landscape evolves.
    Some cracking wine !
  • The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
  • Mark Gatiss has been at it since the second it went down.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • just leaving this right here....no comment   B-)
    come on white people
    do better

• You need to stay off Twitter, Stevil. We've talked about this.
  • Twitter is currently a cesspool for toxic words and loathsome human behaviour, right now more than ever. I keep trying to ignore it but keep getting dragged back.

• mr ventus
    you know i can't go back to sleep
    once you wake up there's no going back

no more cognitive dissonance bullshit

• Yep, would agree there WW. Always interesting to get the opinion of those not quite so enveloped in the British ideal as the indigenous folk. I voted to remain to be honest, as I knew that voting to leave would not be as Farage and Johnson promised, and was a vote for the unknown. I am not concerned about immigration , as long as it is controlled properly, and I too have met and worked with many hardworking and industrious people who were not British born. The entire history of the British is intwined with our relationships with other countries and people, both in a positive and a negative way, and there is no reason why this will not continue.
    I am convinced that whatever the Brits get themselves into, they will make the best of, as we always have. It's just what we do.
  • Your last paragraph is the most important point.  Y'all will get by.  How can you not on such a lovely island?
  • I dunno, guys. I hear it's getting pretty bad.

Post edited by LuDux at 2016-07-04 02:28:03
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Have people forgotten that it was Theresa May who was in charge of immigration and border control and royally f£&@:ed that up?!
  • You have a better candidate from the twats that are left? What the U K is short of now is anyone that you could describe as a Statesmen. The whole lot of them are pathetic.
    Cometh the hour, cometh the Social Democrats!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!