Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 81 Comments sorted by
  • My preference? Quirky merch that isn't like you'd get for another band ie the tea towels.

On the face of it a bit silly and not very practical but down the line quite a cherished thing.

"Cherished" , thats the word , although I don`t think I could rework the lyrics to `The Things That Dreams Are Made Of" with tea towels in it . My most cherished thing was my Faithless mug which my "I`m putting you in a home when we get old" wife broke (I suspect she murdered it) . I`m not one for quirkiness for quirkiness sake and with the wrong group it would be the cheesiest thing ever but Goldfrapp tea towels hit the spot . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I have a couple of road crew tour tshirts which are quite groovy . Got an Oystercard wallety thing  
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I've been really disappointed at the lack of Goldfrapp merchandise recently. Last time I spotted any T shirts for sale was @ the 7T Union Chapel gig. I would have thought there would have been some @ the Somerset house show. I thought in this day & age it's touring & merchandise where bands make their real money. Does anyone on here know why nothing has been produced recently? I read that GAGA had asked her fans to design some T shirts for her last tour which I thought was a brilliant idea & several designs made it for the official tour merchandise
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2013-07-22 13:01:29
    Music Junkie
  • I think that we'll see 'proper' merch back around for the run of gigs later in the year - the cost of doing specific stuff for these different one of gigs would be tough but a great big pile they can use on a proper run of shows would make more economical sense, I'd say.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Somehow I think there will be Tales Of Us rubber stamps at the up and coming tour...

Anyhew, we took the signed litho we purchased at the MIF gig to a framer today and he actually knew Goldfrapp (which is a bit of a rarity). He reacted surprised when we took the litho out of the carton cilinder (thanks again Carpy!) and when we told him it was a band he immediately reacted saying he knew them and thought they made beautiful music. He even said "Don't worry, I'll take really good care of it! I noticed it's signed and numbered..."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • They did have shirts and a tea towel during the HF tour, they were just really overpriced and not very good.
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-07-22 13:51:45
  • Are you questioning my Rocket t-shirt? ;)
  • Rewak has a point... I do recall the Head First t shirts as looking kinda crappy... So i just got the Bristol cd instead...
  • *feeling a bit crappy now*
  • Don't feel crappy! It's just my opinion on what I saw on sale at the time... Doesn't mean your t shirt is bad...
  • I dunno. Sounds to me like he's got a bad shirt.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • *puts foot in mouth*
  • chokka said:

*puts foot in mouth*

There's room for two?
  • Ok... I'm leaving this now.
  • I'm sure they're lovely feet.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!