Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 81 Comments sorted by
  • Lol I'm battling my inner collector too!

*gasp* how could I even think of removing something from its original packaging??
  • Those pencils are cool, I want! Though to be honest I don't know if I would feel the temptation to use them or keep them boxed up as a 'collectors item'. Do these pencils have any rarity value?  :-O
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I don't know really... I mean ultimately they are just pencils.... I think it would be more fanlike to us them
  • Yeah. I saw Julianne Regan, who was the singer of All About Eve, sold these exclusive whiskey tumblers produced by the record company and she got a few hundred quid for them lol. But these were much more of an exclusive item. Mind you Chokka it is surprising how certain bits of fan merchandise become very collectable very quickly, while others you would have more chance of selling sand in a desert I guess.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I guess its relative to the item...

Whisky tumblers seem more prestigious...

I think the most valuable Goldfrapp items are the rarely seen Felt Mountain and Black Cherry books...
  • Do these pencils have any rarity value? 

I think that would depend greatly on whether Godfrapp ever goes stratospheric.  If so, I think a large collection could make one independently wealthy.  But, you know what?  I doubt Rewak does it for that reason.  If I had followed Goldfrapp as long as they've been around, I would be cherishing every item just for the Goldfrapp connection.  Sigh.  So, I just cherish the music.

I so want to see them go stratospheric just for the sake of all the people out there that have not been exposed to and captured by the High Priestess.

• You are totally right there Whickwithy, one only has to look at how much original Beatles merchandise is worth!
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Oh yeah for sure, if you've got original Beatles merchandise it is going to be of a relatively speaking, high value. Beatles vinyls tend to be worth a lot, condition depending of course, not unlike Goldfrapp in that respect, the vinyl albums tend to fetch a high asking price don't they...
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • My preference? Quirky merch that isn't like you'd get for another band ie the tea towels.

On the face of it a bit silly and not very practical but down the line quite a cherished thing.

Shirts and sweats are great but sometimes a bit of creativity tied to the band/tour combination wouldn't go amiss.

Goldfrapp TOU themed gloves anybody?
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• Goldfrapp TOU themed gloves anybody?

Marigolds? Disposable ones? ;)

No seriously why not, you've definitely got a bit of a glove thing going on there haven't you.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-03 04:06:35
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination

• APL said:

A sizeable majority of the "upper-bodywear" I own is gig t-shirts (and yes, I still have some from the late seventies/early eighties...most of which still fit, sort of)

But that doesn't make me a bad person, right? (Just deeply unfashionable)

APL

That sounds pretty cool to me, on a few levels haha

tell us some of your faves? :)

Oh, blimey. There's a few: the Do Not Panic, This Is Hawkwind one I bought at the De Montfort Hall in Leicester in 1984 when we went backstage and they signed the enormous flared jeans I had worn there for a bet (still have those too); Queen at Wembley in '86, still one of the best gigs I ever attended; Mott the Hoople reunion gig at Hammersmith 2009; several of my Rush ones, but I have a soft spot for the Hold Your Fire one because it looks really nice. The list goes on...

APL

"Cleanliness and chickens. Those are two concepts I will always stand by"
    Geddy Lee
  • You sound like a bit of a Rocker APL.

Slightly related did you see the Mott The Hoople documentary on BBC 4 a couple of weeks ago, it was pretty good ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • You sound like a bit of a Rocker APL.

Slightly related did you see the Mott The Hoople documentary on BBC 4 a couple of weeks ago, it was pretty good ;)

What was your first clue?

Yes, it would be true to say that my Goldfrapp CDs do not sit naturally with some of the other elements of my record collection (well, all right, most of it). But then neither, in my final school years, did the Japan albums I bought to go with the Jefferson Airplane and Jethro Tull - and yet, today, Japan keyboard player Richard Barbieri is a member of the finest progressive band playing; the mighty Porcupine Tree.

I may not know Art, but I know what I like...

Getting back on subject...Re. Mott: Saw it when it first came out, got the DVD, going to see them at Newcastle City Hall in November. Oh yes.

APL

"Cleanliness and chickens. Those are two concepts I will always stand by"
    Geddy Lee
  • @APL I like a lot of rock and heavy rock too, among many other types of interests in music. I haven't seen a really heavy band in a while, no actually Killing Joke class as heavy, but I digress. I love Japan too, great band, were a great band.

I had noticed Mott the Hoople have some kind of anniversary tour coming up yes, have a great one ;)

I mentioned a documentary about the record shop in the North East over on What film are you watching perhaps you have been there? ;)

Have a good one, Rock on Dude
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!