Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 81 Comments sorted by
  • I sometimes get a support bands CD at a gig if they're good enough. Most of the time the support band man their merch table themselves so if you ask nicely enough you can sometimes get them signed, which is always worth a little bit more i feel, plus like Dreeke said it's nice knowing they get it all rather than a store taking a big cut.
  • At one Ladyhawke gig she had a NZ band called She's So Rad as support and I thought they were very good so did buy their album. Plus one of the band was selling them out of a carrier bag so felt they needed support :-B
    Sylver Tongue supported Bat For Lashes and so purchased their EP they had.
  • Sylver Tongue = Charlotte Hatherley = lovely

She used to be a member of BFL's live band during the Two Suns tour.
    And she was the fourth member of Ash for a while,
    She also played with Client and KT Tunstall.

Talented lady.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • photo tshirttougoldfrapp_zps4eaa344b.jpg
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • All your own work Border mind?

:)
  • Most gigs I've been to, I've bought a tee shirt or at least some small momento. Unless its an act I don't care about too much. I've done three Madonna tours now and I always get the mug and the tour programme cos of the beautiful photogrraphy.

With Goldfrapp I've got tees, live CDs and a notebook and crayons and iknow ill bag something from the manc shows too... I'm a bit of a consumerist....
  • APL said:

A sizeable majority of the "upper-bodywear" I own is gig t-shirts (and yes, I still have some from the late seventies/early eighties...most of which still fit, sort of)

But that doesn't make me a bad person, right? (Just deeply unfashionable)

APL

Not at all , I still have my Live Aid 86 tshirt and its immaculate as I`ve never worn it , recently threw out another from 86 as quite frankly it was more holes than actual tshirt . I like that they evoke good memories every time you come across them in the drawers .  I slavishly bought tshirts at every gig I went until it quite frankly "got out of hand" and international husband/wife peace treaties were put at risk .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • chokka said:

All your own work Border mind?

:)

Yeah a mock up of what could be. I think it works, I would wear it ;)
    Fair Trade Organic tshirt too :)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I think I would too although I do have enough black tee shirts....

Despite the very "noir" artwork I'm hoping merch wise they embrace the spectrum...

• Black's obviously gonna go well with this era though isn't it
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • True......

I think the 7T period is my favourite for merch......
  • the tea towels were my favourite 7t merch. occasionaly I caress pieces of wedgewood with them
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Saucy!

Should have got the clown hoody.... Stupid chokka...
  • just been clearing out some stuff and found these tucked away...

does anyone else have them? ever used them? I am thinking seeing as I wont part with them that maybe I should make use of them, maybe write a story or doodle or something, not been creative in a long time...

• I've got those too, haven't used them either, haven't even opened the pencil box! I dunno, the insane collector in me doesn't want to damage them (and my attempts at 'art' would be damaging, believe me) but like you i'd never part with them so what does it matter? Inner conflict @-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!