Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 248 Comments sorted by
  • What if you made a film; a bit of a crap film that may bomb at the box office, especially if you released it over a holiday period and you thought 'what can I do about it to give it a bit of extra oomph!'
    How about if you then arranged a cyber attack on your HQ, supposedly carried out by the people who the film was about, displeased by its content, and all the cinemas then refused to show it because of potential repercussions?
    What if you could then engender a lot of patriotic feeling by the public and get them thinking 'there is no way I am going to be told by some two bit tosspot dictator what I can and can't watch in my own country'
    What if you called the film 'The Interview'?
    Or is it just me ?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Already on it.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • It seems a bit over-the-top, UT.  I haven't read the details but it seems like revealing a lot of stuff that one may not want revealed just to promote a bust of a movie.  Hmmm, then again, now that I think about it, the little news I have read has been interesting.  Like the idea of using Idris Elba as the first black Bond.  Kind of a nice way to test test the waters on that concept, also.  Personally, I think it's a great idea (black Bond, that is).
  • I agree with you UT I think this whole cyber attack story was BS or at least part Bullshit used by Hollywood to promote their new, stupid little movie. I don't put it past them. I wasn't particularly interested in seeing it in the first place but now I'm really not interested.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-12-25 10:44:02
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • And the US government was right there to offer us yet another reason to despise North Korea. I mean, this is far better than lead in children's toys and tainted pet food.

The film is starting here today at the local art cinema. I think they're predicting a long run. Plus, they're offering more daily showings than usual, on par with 'Boyhood.' What other fart joke movie gets that sort of attention?
  • iuventus said:

And the US government was right there to offer us yet another reason to despise North Korea. I mean, this is far better than lead in children's toys and tainted pet food.

Because worst thing about North Korea is tainted pet food
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • What is interesting is that commentators have now started picking up on how much publicity the cyber hacking story gave this movie and how Sony could not have bought this level of publicity for the movie and how more people will probably go to see it than would have done. Duh!
    Anyone familiar with Ockham's Razor? Either Sony set this whole thing up as a publicity stunt or have been acutely embarrassed and humiliated by the whole affair. If the latter; as a company of Japanese origin, let the round of Seppuku among top executives begin !
  • LuDux said:

iuventus said:

And the US government was right there to offer us yet another reason to despise North Korea. I mean, this is far better than lead in children's toys and tainted pet food.

Hey LuDux. God Jul !
    I thought in North Korea their pets were food !
  • LuDux said:

iuventus said:

Hey LuDux. God Jul !

were

• LuDux said:

LuDux said:

iuventus said:

Hey LuDux. God Jul !

were

Dakota has just crossed Korea off his bucket list !
  • On Christmas Eve down in Wiltshire ( but I'm assuming it was national?), local radio were telling kids to look out the window at 7pm as something bright and shiny would be passing in the sky! Some might say it was Santa, some might say it was the International Space Station in orbit, my money was on it being a pressie from N Korea. Looks like I was wrong. Again! :>
  • Kat, awhile back you asked what the folks across the pond thought about something.  I can't even think of what the exact subject was but, when I read this article, your question came to mind.  What I think is that, between Putin getting backed into a corner, the Republican party lying, cheating, and stealing to get their way and the likelihood that they will have the next presidency, that the doomsday clock should be set withing microseconds of arriving.  Because of the idiocy of the world thinking that punishing a country, in an economic manner for being stupid will prevent them from lashing out with nuclear weapons scares me spitless.

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/24/my_horrible_right_wing_past_confessions_of_a_one_time_religious_right_icon/
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-12-29 09:40:42
  • Putin is SO scary, we should leave him alone, maybe give him some foreign territory in exchange for peace
  • Or a yearly tribute of seven young men and seven maidens to feed the hungry bull. We can each take turns. Athens can go first.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!