Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 248 Comments sorted by
  • There is the story of the gang initiation where a prospective new member drives around in a car at night with no lights on. The first car that flashes it's lights at him to tell him he has no lights he has to stop and kill everyone in the car, irrespective of age or gender.
    It's tough in Torquay !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I've heard a lot of conspiracies about the current meltdown in Ukraine, some are saying Russia were helping to ferment disorder on the streets of Kiev, whilst others say it's the US and EU. I think they have all been at it for what it's worth, and this is serious shit that gets us all in the mind control set of 'we are on the brink of a third world war, nuclear annihilation, etc, etc'

There a bit more serious this time
    >:)

Ii blame Carthaginians

"Euro-Atlantic
    civilization, guided by three noxious ocean powerhouses, USA, (finally
    more a matrix than a nation-state), England (intellectually the most
    dangerous of the three, since Bacon or Locke) and France (since 1789 the
    useful idiot of the infernal trio), is a civilization of stubborn
    minds, of rebellious angels, to use the Bible. This is a transgressive
    civilization of scholar rebels, of a transhuman and Mephistophelian
    agenda, and spiritually a civilization that tends to its destruction,
    dissolution and parody"
    Post edited by LuDux at 2014-06-03 15:23:31
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • There is the story of the gang initiation where a prospective new member drives around in a car at night with no lights on. The first car that flashes it's lights at him to tell him he has no lights he has to stop and kill everyone in the car, irrespective of age or gender.
    It's tough in Torquay !

A perfect example of something to try on Snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/lightsout.asp

I really don't understand the economic model on so very many things that go on today.  It's really rather baffling.  Snopes is a perfect example.  Their website is brilliant and important in a world in which anyone can say anything and have it spread like wildfire.  But, I can't imagine how they make money.  But, also, this new world is pretty fascinating if you read something like the following.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/say-goodbye-to-capitalism-as-we-know-it-2014-05-15

It is really breathtaking to think of where we might be headed.  Heck, I was just in a community on Google+ yesterday that was talking about living for thousands of years and the implications.  It may very well be far-fetched -  they were talking using nano-electronics, etc - but that we can even take things like that seriously is jaw-dropping.

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-06-02 20:28:14
  • The conspiracy theory that I favor was orginally put forward by E.E. "Doc" Smith in a series of scifi books called "The Lensman" series.  In this series, billions of years ago, two galaxies collided.  In one, (our galaxy - the good galaxy) there were the Arisians.  Great guys that just loved life and wanted all sentient living beings to have a happy time.  In the other galaxy, the very nasty, horrible Eddorians existed.  They're only goal in life was to dominate and enslave all other living beings and eliminate any free-thinking, fun-loving species within the known universe.  As mankind was such a wonderful race, they became the prime target of the Eddorians wipe-out campaign.  And, being transcedently smart, though abberrant, the Eddorians performed the wipe-out campaign by turning humans against one another.  With the Arisians help (since the Arisians realized that they were not strong enough to ever completely overcome the Eddorians and, also, realized that humanity (along with a few other races) were going to need to develop to the point that they could kick the Eddorian's asses around the block and out of existence), humanity, over and over again, overcame the obstacles that the Eddorians machinations put in mankind's way (e.g. WWI and WWII, the sinking of Atlantis, Nero and the burning of Rome, etc).  Yay humanity!!!!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-06-03 07:16:26
  • Very, VERY close to my house is a primary school - like 1st through 3rd or something.  And, the teachers use a megaphone to communicate their wishes.  Reminds me of Pink Floyd, "The Wall" and "1984".
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-06-17 19:02:19
  • You!
    Yes you!
    Stand still laddie !
  • Croaking with the voice of experience WW, maybe the poor teacher has a v sore throat, occupational hazard. But if they all do it, then you're right. Do they make the kids line up with a huge inflatable hammer?
  • Naw, they actually seem to be okay.  It's just the megaphone seems so de-humanizing and grandstanding.  I'd tell another story about another scifi book, but better not.
  • Naw, they actually seem to be okay.  It's just the megaphone seems so de-humanizing and grandstanding.  I'd tell another story about another scifi book, but better not.

Oh, go on !
  • Haha!  I darn near forgot which one, but I remembered.  I'm pretty sure it was Frederick Pohl that wrote it and it's a pretty cool story and aligns with something that I've been thinking for awhile.  We humans get bogged down in so many paradigms from our past, reaching back thousands of years, that it's seriously holding us back.  Anyways, this crazy genius guy decides that it would be worthwhile to derail the process by sending a crew into space on a trip that will take a very, very long time and give them nothing to spend their time one but science, math, and introspection.  The supposed purpose for the trip is a scam, he just wanted to force some very bright people to really use their brains for a change.  Well, they did and they also figured out what he had done and they were pissed.  They go pretty crazy but they also went far beyond anything that mankind could imagine in the ways of science and math.  So, they send a coded message that is like quintillions of bytes of info buried in a single huge number that needs to be stripped by using prime numbers and it takes all of the crunching power of earth to just get a glimpse of what they had sent - and the decoding started at the end of the message, which told earth that they had a few days remaining.  Following the coded message was blast that they sent that wiped out all of mankind's technological progress.  And, then, when they got to the destination, it ends up that the scam was really true (something like a new planet to live on - this was before the days that we figured out that it seems every danged star has a handful of planets!).  Ahem, Pohl did a better job....
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-06-18 20:37:18
  • Sounds a bit like 'Hitch hikers guide and ending up at No 42 !
  • Eugene Schueller=Eugenics. They've been trying to alter your DNA for years. I want to let you know..."because you're worth it."
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-09-18 07:03:22
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • The conspiracy theory that I favor was orginally put forward by E.E. "Doc" Smith in a series of scifi books called "The Lensman" series. 

I bought the entire Lensman series in paperback some time in the late 70s or early 80s, but never read any of the books.  My spouse of the time read at least some of them, and said that they were like boy scouts in space.
  • I've a sneaking suspicion that the whole of Scotland is up to something.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

I've a sneaking suspicion that the whole of Scotland is up to something.

Not all of it Iuv; I predict about 47% are up to something !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!